iPod Touch 4G Battery Issues?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mac Addiction, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Mac Addiction macrumors newbie

Since Day 1, my iPod Touch 4G has been having horrible battery life (I think theres many more people with this problem). I mean I have the iPod charged (100%) one day, and within like 15 hours in sleep mode, its dead. Anyone have solutions for this problem?

Thank you!

2. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

You should update to the newest os. If it is already the newest one, then the solution is blurred. This happened to me twice, and all I did was connect it to my computer until the battery was full (I left if full for a few days but the second time I left it full for only 1 day. Don't know if this affects the results), then sync it, turn it off and on again. Then it was perfectly fine. Dunno how that happened though. Might not be a proper solution but it worked for me.

3. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Did you clean out the multitasking tray (double-click home button)? It might be push notification that could be causing the problem as well. Consider turning off wifi when you don't need it.

4. Mac Addiction thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone! These are some things I am going to give a shot at and see if it works.

5. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

My 4th gen iPod touch battery life has been limited as well. I hope iOS 5 helps with these issues.

6. jace88 macrumors regular

jace88

What I don't get is why my girlfriend's iPod Touch 4G battery life used to last her over a day back when we first got it at launch, but with every update to iOS, the battery life seems to decrease and last her between half a day and 3/4 of a day.