IPod touch 4g battery

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Drew017, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Hey guys... I just bought a brand new iPod touch 4 g from the apple sore like three days ago. I love it. However, I can't seem to get that 7 hours of video apple promises. I keep wifi off when not in use, screen brightness low, and put ir to sleep when not in use, yet I can only seem to get about 5 hours of gaming and app use in. What can I do?

2. BrHop156 macrumors member

BrHop156

3. BlackTofu macrumors member

4. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

I can listen to music all I want, and use apps not requiring video all I want. Mainly, it's the game apps like Angry Birds and Cut The Rope.

5. Chi-mex macrumors member

Need i remind you that when apple says such and such item will get such and such amount of usage, that is only their approximation when you put the item in the state where the least amount of energy is used. Usually, that state takes away something that you rely on, so no one goes into it. Also, how they advertise the battery life, is about the same as the advertising for memory. They say it has 8GB of memory, but my itouch 4th gen only has 6.4GB.

6. yliu macrumors regular

My iPod touch 4G battery is pretty bad too, although it's not surprising since its very thin.

7. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

How do I calibrate my battery? Does calibrating it even work?