Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peytah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Just bought a jawbone for my phone, and decided to see how well it works with my iPod. iPod won't even discover it. Then I tried other headsets on it. Won't find them either. Also will not find my phone.

I set BT on and it says it's discovering but nothing comes up.

However, my phone did find the iPod. But it won't connect for some reason.

Megagator

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
USA
I had a similar problem. At the Best Buy store over the weekend, I tried to have my iPod discover the one on display ( both were 4th gens). Same problem as you described, neither fond anything. Probably one of the quirks with Apple and Bluetooth...:(

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
Similar problem but...

I have a similar problem with bluetooth, however, a bit different. My ipod touch (4g) finds the bluetooth built into my car (2010 Toyota Rav4) but when I attempt to put the code in the ipod for it to sync, it says "invalid code".

Devoc

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2010
Denmark
I have the same problem with my 32GB iPod Touch 4G. It won't even connect my my Macbook Pro... It's indeed annoying and i plan to visit my local Apple Store and set things straight. I Was told when i bought it that an iPod touch 4G CANNOT be repaired in anyway, as it is broken when opened. I therefore hope that i could get my money back and buy a PS3 instead... At least i know that works properly...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.