Ipod Touch 4G camera access

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dj9486, Jan 11, 2014.

1. dj9486 macrumors newbie

I need to know if there is an app that I can install on someone's ipod touch 4g without them knowing to access their camera remotely using my computer. I know this sounds like a creepy thing to do but there is a good reason and this person may be doing stuff that is risking their life and I want to be able to confront them with the proof to hopefully help them out and make them change their life. I have access to their ipod touch and their username and password so I was wondering if there is an app I can download where I can remotely turn their camera on and take snapshots or even record video using my computer over the internet. Thanks for any help that you can offer. I have tried everything and don't know what else to do but they always have their ipod touch with them so that would provide me with the proof I need to know whether or not our fears are true.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You cant do anything like this cuz apple needs to approve the apps each and every one and this is a felony!!!!!

3. dj9486 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks alot for that info I did not know that. I was just wondering because we are trying to keep tabs on a teenager who may be endangering herself by doing stuff she shouldn't and hanging out with the wrong crowd. Thanks for the info though.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Whether or not it is a criminal matter depends on your local laws. Parents are allowed to keep track of their children. Some states/cities would have no problem with parents monitoring their children. You can install GPS trackers on cars that you own and this is fully legal.

Unfortunately, an iPod Touch isn't well suited for what you are trying to do. I can understand your frustration at your children making bad choices. Even if you could install an app, the iPod touch has no cell connection so it could only send you info while it is on wi-fi.