Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chutch15

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
PA
It does not. With this new glass, I don't feel I need one. A screen protector is far softer and would take more damage in dents and scratches, not to mention expensive (and a pain) to replace.

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
It does not. With this new glass, I don't feel I need one. A screen protector is far softer and would take more damage in dents and scratches, not to mention expensive (and a pain) to replace.

One more question. For the glass side, if you were to put it face down on a table or flat surface, would the glass make contact or is there a pretty good space?

I used to love that I could do this with the Incase slider for my 3G iPod Touch.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Well, I think the new one is thinner; 9-7, right? If you're looking for something temporary I would suggest a cheap generic case from eBay.

No Switcheasy? :(:(:(

Not yet :

Hello,

Sorry but SwitchEasy does not release any product information until it
becomes available for sale on our website.
We will put the information about a product on our website as soon as
we release it.
We can tell you that our designer and development team are currently
working on a new product for iPod Touch 4. If all tests pass it will
be soon available.
For product releases, stay tuned to our website and thank you again
for your patient.

Please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions.

Thank you,
Zoe
SwitchEasy USA Team

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
^ cool thanks for the green pics. I like that color. I couldn't find those cases at either of my nearest BB's although online showed in stock.. hmm.

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
^ cool thanks for the green pics. I like that color. I couldn't find those cases at either of my nearest BB's although online showed in stock.. hmm.

I'm torn now, green looks decent.

I found that my BB had them on a separate end cap shelf and not with the regular iPod Touch or MP3 player cases so you might want to check around.

Still, why couldn't they just have made a simple black case instead of all the colors!?!?

*edit*

For those that own the Belkin case, how are you liking it? Does it offer more grip while holding? I find that the Touch is a little too thin and slippery, it feels like it's going to slide out of my hand at times! Also, how much bulk does the case add? In this case, I actually would prefer some extra bulk!

chutch15

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
PA
I agree. Without a case, the new Touch is slippery. The Belkin case adds just enough bulk and grip to make it very comfortable to hold. I don't feel like I'm going to drop it any more and it slides right into my pocket as well.

BTW, the Night Sky looks almost black in low light. :)

kelving525

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
NYC
I went to BB yesterday and I saw the Grip Vue, but I was disappointed that they only have sharp colors. What happened to the colors from the 2G/3G??

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I went to BB yesterday and I saw the Grip Vue, but I was disappointed that they only have sharp colors. What happened to the colors from the 2G/3G??

No kidding! You would have thourhg a basic color would have been included in the line up!

I'm tempted by the green now, it would definitely be easier for me to find around the house when I misplace it!

brianfast

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
I'm going to try to pick up the Griffin Vue today... Sometimes it pays to release your product first...

PaperQueen

macrumors 6502

Got mine today. Definitely the low profile look I wanted; feels and looks like black suede. Very attactive.

All openings clear the space they need to—camera lens, speaker, earphone jack, etc. The power and volume switches are covered by the usual raised “buttons.” The power button takes a little extra oomph to make work since the case fits a little less snug than the Incase I’m accustomed to from my previous iPod Touch. Not loose enough to be a problem...actually, “loose” overstates it a bit...just not as tight a fit as what I’m used to.

Will work for the time being, until something irresistible comes out.

Here’s what I ordered (Incipio Dermashot for iPod Touch 4G)

Definitely think the included stand is a stroke of genius in its simple design (would have loved to have this on a couple of overseas flights the past two years, pre-iPad). Am still pondering the “do I or don’t I” question on a screen protector. Now that it’s glass, simple logic tells me it shouldn’t be necessary unless someone wants to begin scraping diamonds down the face....right?

chutch15

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
PA
As a follow-up on the GripVue, note the notch to the right of the charging port. That's the unobstructed speaker...

FUL1_F8Z657-C01_RND.jpg

Also, note the colors on the "Tint" versions (Black, Clear (shown above), Royal Purple, Night Sky, and Taro). It's odd that the bright colors that Best Buy has (besides Night Sky) are not shown. They also have a "Metallic" line (Black, White, and Taro).

RyanNoah

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
As a follow-up on the GripVue, note the notch to the right of the charging port. That's the unobstructed speaker...

FUL1_F8Z657-C01_RND.jpg

Also, note the colors on the "Tint" versions (Black, Clear (shown above), Royal Purple, Night Sky, and Taro). It's odd that the bright colors that Best Buy has (besides Night Sky) are not shown. They also have a "Metallic" line (Black, White, and Taro).

Thanks for the clearing this up.

The reviewed by iLounge states that the Moto case by Gumdrop does cover the speaker.

brianfast

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
I got the Belkin Grip Vue in the blue color at bestbuy. Really a toss up between the three colors IMO.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-09-14 at 12.39 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-09-14 at 12.39 #2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 175
  • Photo on 2010-09-14 at 12.39.jpg
    Photo on 2010-09-14 at 12.39.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Photo on 2010-09-14 at 12.40.jpg
    Photo on 2010-09-14 at 12.40.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 158

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I was thinking that blue might look feminine but it's actually pretty slick with the black ipod. thanks for those pics.

Am still pondering the “do I or don’t I” question on a screen protector. Now that it’s glass, simple logic tells me it shouldn’t be necessary unless someone wants to begin scraping diamonds down the face....right?

I am opting for a screen protector granted it's a high quality one that won't get too scratched up quickly and needs replacing every month. The reason is my GF's 2G touch which is also made of scratch resistant scren has a couple of scratch marks on it and a very small little "dig" in the screen, like something hit it and took a small chunk of the glass with it lol. Not the iPod's fault but if I can help it then I'd prefer to have one if it's not really noticeable. I would hate to have the mini scratches.

kelving525

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
NYC
I got the silicone case today, but then I also decided to go with Belkin Grip Vue. Overall, the Belkin Grip Vue is my preferred case since it's shock-absorbing, and doesn't slip as much. :)

Silicone case - quite nice and fits well with the iPod Touch.

4991075021_c700b1aec9_z.jpg

The microphone is a little close to the case, but still visible.

4991682194_9b0703c31a_z.jpg

I went to a few BB and FINALLY found a normal color. It's dark purple. :rolleyes:

4991683186_4dbdce9fe8_z.jpg

2G/3G vs. 4G Belkin Grip Vue

4991684382_44ce8e0ef1_z.jpg

The microphone is clearly visible, compared to the silicone case.

4991078861_edc77bc1e1_z.jpg

Other Belkin 4G case (taken with the iPod Touch):

4991706626_3484f20967_z.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.