Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RayLancer

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
I've been reading some reviews on the iPad Belkin Grip Vue Clear and a few reporting the cases started yellowing after a few weeks... I might get the tint black version instead now.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Something I noticed about my Grip Vue today. The back seems to be collecting quite a bit of germs (dirt, etc.). For those of you who use a Mighty Mouse, think about how that collects dirt, but on a case.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Does it affect the iPod touch itself?

Not at all. It's pretty easy to clean too, just use a damp paper towel.

Another thing I noticed, if anyone still has their 1st generation iPod Touch's stand (the little plastic default one that came with it), it works pretty well on the 4th generation iPod with the Grip Vue case.

pje65

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
The Griffin hardshell will come apart without damage, it is just VERY :cool: snuggly fit together.

I got a fingernail into the seam, then some steady force pulling the lower section straight back did the trick. It's a nice case with a beautiful fit.

I did not opt for a screen protector, no second thoughts. I've found these often get pretty mucked up themselves on other devices, and that by itself would be a shortcoming on this amazing display.

For a lot of traveling, maybe an inexpensive slip case? Best luck.

Thanks, Eolian.

I think I'll just go with the case for a while and see how it goes. If the front starts to take a beating, I can always use the Invisishield then. So far, I'm really liking this case.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Looking for some more information on a case, the Griffin iClear to be specific.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin...743&skuId=1207257&st=griffin iclear&cp=1&lp=2

Can't really tell too much from the rendered image here. If anyone gets it or sees it in a store, would you mind taking some pics? Main things I'd like to know are how the holes line up (Mic, Speaker, etc.) and if the strap on the back goes through the Hard Plastic (like if there's some slots on the back of the case the band slides through, or is it a clip-on). Would really appreciate any reports on this. My closest Best Buy is a good 30 minutes away and I'd rather save myself a trip if someone else is planning to go up there anyways.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Looking for some more information on a case, the Griffin iClear to be specific.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin...743&skuId=1207257&st=griffin iclear&cp=1&lp=2

Can't really tell too much from the rendered image here. If anyone gets it or sees it in a store, would you mind taking some pics? Main things I'd like to know are how the holes line up (Mic, Speaker, etc.) and if the strap on the back goes through the Hard Plastic (like if there's some slots on the back of the case the band slides through, or is it a clip-on). Would really appreciate any reports on this. My closest Best Buy is a good 30 minutes away and I'd rather save myself a trip if someone else is planning to go up there anyways.

Try using the griffin website. :)

Speczorz

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2010
My dermashot case came in on Friday.. been using it since.

My initial thoughts - this case looks cheap and has a loose feel.

My thoughts now - the case has a nice style and even though it is not as snug as it should be, it fits fine. It has not fallen off at all and has a real nice feel too. However, the included screen protector was junk. Had way too many bubbles. Even after applying many times, that didn't help. I now like the grip of the case. I also like how the case comes up around the menu button.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with it. For $20 with free shipping, it was a decent deal. The case also comes with a little stand that holds the iPod horizontally (not vertically at all), so you can watch movies and not have to hold it. It's a nice little added feature.

Hope this helps others who are on the fence.. ;)

Bill

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

My thoughts now - the case has a nice style and even though it is not as snug as it should be, it fits fine. It has not fallen off at all and has a real nice feel too. However, the included screen protector was junk. Had way too many bubbles. Even after applying many times, that didn't help. I now like the grip of the case. I also like how the case comes up around the menu button.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with it. For $20 with free shipping, it was a decent deal. The case also comes with a little stand that holds the iPod horizontally (not vertically at all), so you can watch movies and not have to hold it. It's a nice little added feature.

Bill
Is the screen protector a fingerprint/oil magnet?

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Does anybody have any idea when Switcheasy will release something for the 4G?

sineplex

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2010

Bill

Thanks for that Bill, I'm waiting for my incipio case to be delivered. I guess I'll get the SGP screen protector instead.

fineaddme

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2010
where can i get some quality silicon cases? i have stayed away from silicon cases since the ipod with click wheel because it collected dust and link and when i tired cleaning it off it just got worst and now with my new ipod touch 4 i am going to try a silicon until a switcheasy case is made

i am just looking for a simple silicon case

thx

djgeneral

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
What is the best case right now? I want one that covers everything but the screen. Something in the clear plastic type thing.

Or a leather case type thing with a screen cover :apple:

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Does anyone know if the Belkin Grip Vue or Griffin Reveal will fit with a skin on the back such as a Zagg or Bodyguardz or Wrapsol(Original Matte)?

Speczorz

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2010
Still satisfied with my dermashot. It really hasn't collected much dust. If your on the wall still about a silicon case, check it out.

Bill

sineplex

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2010
Still satisfied with my dermashot. It really hasn't collected much dust. If your on the wall still about a silicon case, check it out.

Bill

Thanks Bill - I just got mine in the mail today.
You said the screen protector isn't great and I've decided to not even use a screen protector now and go naked and just use the Dermashot cover to protect the back. It looks really great, will pick up my 32GB IPT4 before the weekend.

fwoppers

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2010
Well, I ended up grabbing a Vue, in the lime green flavor. I actually kinda like the color (and it's the only one BestBuy had in stock when I went, heh).
Fits snug, feels good and strong, I like it. Not terribly hard to get in and out.

Attachments

• IMG_3666_1.jpg
    IMG_3666_1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG_3668_1.jpg
    IMG_3668_1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_3669_1.jpg
    IMG_3669_1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 438
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.