iPod Touch 4G -- Deletes playlists made when syncing?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RobbyIdol, Mar 20, 2012.

1. RobbyIdol macrumors regular

I did a search on this topic but came up dry, so I apologize if this is old news. But I've had my iPod Touch 4G since Aug 2011 and have always manually managed my music, never auto-syncing with my original iTunes library. I don't keep much music on my computer, prefer to store and access it all on my iPod. I've also regularly hit the 'sync' button when updating new episodes of podcasts or photos, etc.

That said, only recently has my iPod started deleting any playlist I create via the iPod itself when I plug the iPod into my computer. I don't even hit 'sync' or anything yet, and the playlists made on the iPod earlier that day are immediately erased.

All playlists created on the iPod via my Macbook Pro remain intact on the iPod device (whether being synced or not). Any idea why this is happening? It's frustrating since making playlists on the go directly with my iPod is one of my favorite features. I hate losing them as soon as I plug my device into the computer.

Thanks in advance!

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Could be because the iPod is syncing with the computer and it's not finding the playlist on the computer so it's deleting it. Just a guess though, sounds weird.

3. RicoRich196 macrumors member

Having this same issue, anyone care to shed some light on it? So far I've had to recreate playlists 4-5 times only to have them deleted each time. It's to the point where I haven't updated the music on my ipod touch in weeks because I don't want to lose work out play lists.

4. RobbyIdol thread starter macrumors regular

I had to upgrade my iOS to the latest version to fix the playlist issue.