ipod touch 4g difference?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gimmeiphone, Dec 15, 2010.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

cant seem to find a thread outlining the differences between ipod touch n iphone 4? (apart from phone capabilities obv) from what i gather id be losing the camera flash and some megapixels, but not much else?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The iPhone has two microphones, better speakers, prominence sensor, better battery life, better screen, flash, mute switch, higher quality camera (rear).

The iPod Touch is thinner.

3. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

mic+mute+switch no biggy for me, whats a prominence sensor? do you mean proximity sensor? if so i wont be holding it to my face so makes no difference to me, think i may seriously consider getting one! thanks :)

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I do indeed mean the proximity sensor. Stupid iPhone auto correct.

5. mz100 macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4 now and had the iPod 4g and it's pretty much the same thing.

6. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

im quite guttered to be leaving the iphone as iv had it since they were first launched, never been using an operating system for so long so will be hard to leave, hopefully jun '11 will bring something better to the table, iv never had such a great device but such a bad phone :eek:

7. hcho3, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010

hcho3 macrumors 68030

I disagree with that idea...
    What the hell do you mean it is a good device, but it is a bad phone?

If you are here to bash AT&T, then keep it to yourself. The coverage is fine for me in MD, but it may not be for some others.

iPhone 4 was a big step forward from iPhone 3GS. Don't expect too much from next iphone.

Again, if you want to bash iphone 4, then perhaps, you should change the title saying "iphone 4 is a great device, but it sucks as a phone."

No it's not...

It might do few things similar, but the hardwares are different.

1. Camera Quality. iPod touch camera sucks and it lacks flash.
    2. Build quality. iPod touch build quality is no where near iphone 4.
    3. Screen. They both have retina display, but iPod touch doesn't have IPS display.
    4. GPS
    5. More ram
    6. No need to carry iPod touch and your phone. It's one device.

8. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

im in uk so no at&t, 3 has been perfectly fine for me in the past, so you have a good unit, which i said some do, unfortunately i dont. Im sure i dont need to go into detail as to how the iphone 4 is bad for calls, i have a lot of friends with the same troubles regarding calls, and did u by chance see the news at all when iphone 4 antenna crap blew up? no its not as bad as it was made out to be but an issue none the less. Not here to bash apple or stick up for them, just to note that i had a crappy customer service experience for my crap phone. And as to build quality, hows the ipod touch bad?

9. Thomsbly macrumors newbie

Hi,
    It has 2 cameras, one in the front and one in the back for HD video. You can see friends with Facetime. Shoot, edit and share HD video. You can play games with the new Gamecenter.

iphone:...............................… touch:
    display: 960-640 resolution..............960-640 resolution display
    Thickness: 9.3mm............................7.2mm
    mega pixels: 5mp w/LED flash.......0.7mp w/no flash
    FacetimeMp: 0.3mp.........................0.3mp
    Video playback: up to 10hr..............up to 7hr
    Audio Playback: up to 40hr..............up to 40hr
    HD Video: 720p HD.........................720p HD
    Internet: Virtually Anywhere.............near public wirelss routers..

10. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks man thats what i was looking for, not really fussed about pictures so think ill go for it! thanks