iPod Touch 4g ios 5.0.1 app problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by suicidal acorn, Dec 17, 2011.

1. suicidal acorn macrumors newbie

so i have an iPod Touch 4th gen with ios 5.0.1 and did a tethered jailbreak and installed semitether as well.(redsn0w 0.9.9b8) and it worked fine for a while, but now when i boot tethered, the apps open only on the left side and are small(like only take up a quarter of the screen in the top left, i will link to pics). the rest of the screen is black, and does not seen to do anything when i touch the black area, but it does respond when i touch the area where the app is. also, i did notice that when i reboot without booting tethered, it all works fine. i would say it is probably an app i installed from cydia, but i have not installed any more recently. I would just back it up in itunes and restore it, but i would have to get all my cydia apps back, and i would back up the apps with xbackup or pkg backup, but i cant use any apps right now. so restoring is kinda a last resort, but i think it may come down to that.

link to dropbox folder: http://db.tt/2icPTWhp[/url]

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Attached Files:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

One of your Cydia items is preventing the iPod from using its screen in Retina mode. Remove them one at a time until you have found the offending item.

3. suicidal acorn thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

thank you for help, but do you have any idea how to remove them one at a time? do i need to ssh? cuz right now i cant use cydia to do it. again, thanks for the help!

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Start up in Safe Mode and access Cydia. I forget how to get into Safe Mode via SSH. Try using Google.

5. suicidal acorn, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

suicidal acorn thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

edit: i was able to get into safe mode from sbsettings.

thank you. i googled it and unistalled a few apps. i will post back what happens. again, you are amazing.

----------

THANK YOU!! you are an amazing person and i dont even know you! thanks you!! i am very happy i didnt have to restore.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. suicidal acorn thread starter macrumors newbie

question

so this happened again, and i went and uninstalled another app. i have noticed this happens every time my ipod dies. also i noticed after this happened a few times, i could just go into cydia in safe mode and it fixed it, i didnt even have to uninstall anything. i have not tested if just going into safe mode fixes it, but it has not died recently and i have not had enough time to see. i will post back if just going into safe mode fixes it soon.

7. suicidal acorn thread starter macrumors newbie

fix

ok. just going into safe mode fixes it. so weird.