Ipod Touch 4G Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rookiezzz, May 12, 2011.

1. rookiezzz macrumors regular

Hi, I just wanna ask, is that alright if my brand new ipod touch 4g sound's volume smaller than my old ipod nano 2g?? same earphone btw.. same playlist, same equalizer type, same computer for sync, both run w/o volume limit..

Is there any problem with my ipod touch 4g? because the sound's volume smaller and you can noticed it..

Should I ask the genius?? From what I read, the ios4's software is the trouble, is that true?

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Smaller? Do you mean quieter? If so, that's not an issue. An iPod Touch's max volume is more than enough to cause hearing damage as it is. ;)

3. rookiezzz thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, but it is really quieter compared to ipod nano 2g and from what i've read that's because the iOS 4, and if u're using an earbud type earphone (bose ie2) in a bus, it's really bad..

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Huh... I have a genetic hearing loss, and I work in an environment far noisier than a bus, and I have no issues hearing.

Regardless, if the difference is really big, make sure you don't have a volume limit enabled. If you don't, and you still can't get it loud enough, either your hearing is abysmal or you should take it in to an Apple Store and get it checked out ;)

Edit: the ear buds you listed should block out pretty much all sound whether or not music is playing through them. Try some of the other sizes that came with them and see if maybe one of them works better. Those kinds of earbuds work great, but only if they fit correctly.