Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
I be had my iPod touch 4th gen for three years. I recently noticed that since ios7 was released, it doesn't show it as being a black iPod touch anymore in iTunes. It has a pic of a white iPod touch 4g instead. It also does this in find my iPhone. I talked to my dad recently and he said that happened with is too???anyone else notice this...

chrisl123

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013
I be had my iPod touch 4th gen for three years. I recently noticed that since ios7 was released, it doesn't show it as being a black iPod touch anymore in iTunes. It has a pic of a white iPod touch 4g instead. It also does this in find my iPhone. I talked to my dad recently and he said that happened with is too???anyone else notice this...

Yes, my iPod touch 4g (black) in Find my iPhone has turned white as well. At least it gives the impression that my iPod is newer than it is!:D

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
ya i know it is odd-btw just an update that i plugged my 4g iPod touch back into iTunes and now it is back to being a black ipod(i guess it just can decide or something) and i got super excited and looked in FindMyIphone but it didn't change and it is still white. I don't have a huge problem with it but say it got my ipod stolen and the police asked if they could use my find my iphone account to track it down but they couldn't prove it was mine because it was white instead of my black ipod???

chrisl123

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013
say it got my ipod stolen and the police asked if they could use my find my iphone account to track it down but they couldn't prove it was mine because it was white instead of my black ipod???

If you have the iPod's serial number, you could put it into this and it would show you the information about the iPod...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.