ipod Touch 4g Lifeproof

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Patrick.M, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Patrick.M macrumors newbie

I am new to the forum so: Hey every body! I have a ipod Touch 4th gen with a Lifeproof case. The headphone adapter for the Lifeproof has broken so that only one earbud works now. Lifeproof does not make these adapters specifically for the ipod case. However I noticed that the ipod 5 case has what looks to be the same thread count. Will an ipod 5 headphone adapter work in my ipod 4 case?

2. Patrick.M thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Flamerocks macrumors newbie

Headphone adapter for ipod touch (4th gen)

If you call Lifeproof they will send you one for free. There is a lifetime warranty on their cases. When you talk to them tell them you purchased it about a year ago & explain that the case is perfect. THIS WILL HELP YOU AVOID TAKING THE CASE APART & HAVING TO UPLOAD PICTURES ETC.!!! [/I]Tell them all you need is the threaded headphone adapter. They will ask you for your contact info & mailing address & will ship it to you ASAP at no charge.
    HERE IS THEIR #; 888-533-0735.

4. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

Yeah, I suggest you call customer support, but the iPod 5 adaptor should work I guess.

5. Flamerocks macrumors newbie

They sent me one but you're going to have to grind the flange off/down to make it fit.!!!