iPod Touch 4g microphone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Chuchichan, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

Does the latest model of the iPod Touch (4G) have a built-in microphone? I just want to know if I can simply open Facetime and Skype and make a call.

If it does, how's the quality?

I'm still debating an iPod Touch vs. iPhone 4....please help me make a decision!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes, its on the back near the rear camera. Its fairly good. About the same as the iPad, but not the same as the 3Gs/4.

3. Chuchichan thread starter macrumors 6502

So, that means it on the opposite end of where you are actually speaking? Seems like it wouldn't pick up much from that location. But, I guess it's better than nothing.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. Chuchichan thread starter macrumors 6502

do you also have an iPhone 4? I'm really debating between the two and was hoping to get pushed in one direction or the other :)

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Get the iPhone 4. You'll be much happier with its better screen, more ram, and the day it get iOS 6. iOS 6 on a iPT 4 is going to be slow.

7. bettaboy123 macrumors member

Don't worry about it. I have an iPod touch and am very happy with it. It is thinner, just about as fast (and yes, I have used both), and the mic picks up everything just fine. I've used it many times for phone calls and FaceTime and it works great. But if you can spring the money for the phone plan and you need a good phone, I would recommend the iPhone still. :)

8. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Just get an iPhone 4. Both great, but might as well get the iPhone rather than have another phone and your iPod.

For a little while I tried using my iPod Touch as a phone with surprising success. Using a free text app that included calling and my Verizon myfi it fully worked as an iPod touch fun. Battery life of myfi and taking both around make it more of a hassle than it is worth.