Ipod Touch 4G not responding

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aleina, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Aleina macrumors newbie

Ok so I have a 4gn Ipod Touch and was listening to music today when it just suddenly stopped working. I thought the battery had just died so I put it on charge. Nothing happened so I then connected it to my Mac. Itunes popped up and said it is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. I don't mind doing this but I am worried that all my music/apps would be deleted. Most of it I brought from other providers and don't have them backed up.

What I was wondering is my music/apps going to be deleted if I retore my ipod and if so is their a Program that I can use to copy my music before I restore?

2. RylanH16 macrumors member

RylanH16

Backup

Always back up your miscellaneous crap. If you bought your music with iTunes you can redownload it. Your apps should work again if you had them backed up in iCloud, you just need to reinstall all of them. Actually this exact thing happened to me only it happened to me while I was updating it to iOS 6. Anyways if its in recovery mode I think your music is already lost, but if it is still there you should be able to access it with iexplorer, which is a free program that doesn't require a jailbreak, just google it. Hope you understood my post, good luck