iPod Touch 4G Parts or Really Good Repair?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dhelsdon, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hello, Recently my girlfriend dropped my iPod touch 4G and the screen cracked pretty bad, so I ordered a new LCD digitizer and began repairing it myself. While I was replacing the new screen I realized at some point during my futile attempt at repairing I severed a ribbon cable leading to the volume control assembly. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy these parts, or should I just send it somewhere for a proper repair, I am debating on contacting apple to see if they will do it, for a price. The problem is, that my touch is in pieces at the moment as I did not want to put everything back together because I knew I broke it worse. Another thing, I am willing to buy a broken touch 'for parts' if someone has one.

Any help and insight is appreciated!

2. eshroom macrumors 6502

Apple will be pricey. The job isnt big, but if ou have no experience could be fiddly. i would recommend finding the parts on eBay then going to someone who has experience with mobile phones and take the instructions.

Someone who does this kind of thing should be able to follow the instructions easily even if they have not fixed an iPhone before.

I remember doing this when I wanted to install an obscure chip in my Wii, came out very cheap and works to this day.

3. Dhelsdon thread starter macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Thanks Ken, I will give them a call Monday. Do you have any experience with that company or have you heard anything about the extent of their servicing?