iPod Touch 4G? Please read.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Costumed, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Costumed macrumors newbie

Hi,

I know everyone is excited about the new iPhone 4.0 OS and stuff like that and the new iPhone 4G/HD realising this summer (?).
    But what about the new iPod Touch? Will there be a new model iPod Touch available when the new iPhone hits the market?

I assume there will be, knowing the history of Apple. But can please someone else give some more info about this.

TIA

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nobody knows for sure. The iPod touch line seems like it's leveled off someone, and with the possible exception of a camera there's not much I'd expect to be added aside from a capacity boost.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

4. Costumed thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm, awkward. I'm considering selling my iPod Touch 2G if the 4th gen iPod Touch will be released soon (between now and 4 months).
    Well, I hope they do some design changes. Like the iPhone 4G/HD.

Sept? Are you sure, bro? Great, thanks for the info, hero:p

5. Thraun macrumors regular

Thraun

Indeed, Apple has released new iPods in September for at least the last 3 or 4 years. It seems to be one of their products that is on a regular cycle now, like the iPhone and OS (every June for the last 3 years).

Whether or not it will be a significant update who knows, most likely a capacity bump at the least, but we all know how many rumours of a camera have been circling around for a while. And potential dual-core A9 chips? Who knows.

6. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I am 51.9% sure that apple will release iPod Touches on Sept 2010.;)

It's a 50/50 challenge, but knowing that for the past 3 years it's been in Sept.:)

7. WLS macrumors 65816

well I can tell you right now it won't have a dualcore A9 chip. You can pretty much count on it having the A4 which is no slouch. very possibly a doubling of resolution but all you have to do is look at the rumors for the next iPhone and go from there. The Touch tends to follow after that. A camera is a better than even bet too.

8. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

9. Costumed thread starter macrumors newbie

That's exactly what I was thinking, look to the iPhone news and take it from there, but there has nothing been known or spoken about a new iPod Touch.

Thanks, that great and I totally overlooked that one.

10. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

A camera would be nice--I already have it on good authority that I may be in the market for two of them around holiday time.

11. metalhead777 macrumors regular

THERE WILL BE NO DAMN CAMERA! SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!!!

12. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Wow...unnecessary...

cameras will be out soon enuff :D

13. bthockey macrumors newbie

The iPod touch will not be released until this fall, try the September area. They usually release all the new iPods at this time so they will be ready for Christmas.

I would expect these from the 4th Generation, iPod touch:
    • Camera
    • External mic
    • OS 4.0 obviously
    • Possibly a redesign
    That's all we really could really guess for now. It seemed last year that Apple pulled the camera and mic from the device at the last minute, so I think they will include them in this year. Don't worry though, more rumors will come in after the iPhone launch this summer. :apple: