Ipod touch 4g (re)setup question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gadgetholik, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Gadgetholik macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I just got rid of my old windows p.c and am now considering to buy an ipod touch 4g.My question is that if i buy the ipod touch 4g now and go to my nearest cyber cafe in order to set the ipod touch 4g up, later when i bring my new computer home i will have to setup the ipod touch as new resulting in deletion of all my apps and games.So can i repurchase all the apps and games(free and chargable ones)even after setting it as a new ipod touch free of cost?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Not positive about having to set everything up again, but I do know that you can redownload purchased apps again if a reset is necessary.

3. Gadgetholik thread starter macrumors newbie

Thankyou

Thank you!That's all i wanted to know.If i can redownload purchased apps it solves my problem.Thank you again,i really do appreciate it.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Quite welcome :). I do remember that it's not obvious that you can redownload them. Unless they've fixed this since 10.0, you go in like you're buying the apps again, and click "Buy". Then it will give a popup window that says that you already bought them, and will ask if you want to redownload.

Again though, this may have been improved since the last time I had to do this.

5. snakelda macrumors 6502

Yup it's still the same. I had to do it last week.