iPod touch 4G Screen Repair WENT WRONG

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WaterMelnKidd, Oct 4, 2011.

1. WaterMelnKidd macrumors newbie

I've fixed about 12 iPod touch and iPhones before, but never an iPod touch 4G / iPhone 4.

I tried to fix this one from my younger brother's friend and the LCD was bad on the part I ordered, so I got another.

While putting it in, I snapped the ribbon cable that appears to go to the volume up / down buttons.

I haven't finished assembling it yet, but it snapped really easy and it's annoying how hard it is to fix these.

What can I do? Get another volume up / down ribbon cable or is there any way this is going to work at all?

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Definitely ain't gonna just work. Is the ribbon built into the logic board or does it completely detach? If it doesn't you'll need whatever part it's adhered to.

3. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

I have fixed many of these. If you have broken the volume ribbon, you aren't doing the repair in the proper manner. You shouldn't be going anywhere near to that ribbon really. Not sure of your options - get a local repairer with the know how.

Cheers

Spencer