ipod touch 4g sticky screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fineaddme, Oct 4, 2010.

1. fineaddme macrumors regular

hi all i had a ipod touch 2g and also have a ipad the screens feel really smooth and well like glass but my ipod touch 4g feels almost like if i had a screen protector on with that kind of i guess sticky feel i am not sure if over ti e it goes away but i would like to know if anyone else has this issue

2. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

If you just opened it, then it's from the mock display sticker in its packaging. That will go away shortly.

3. fineaddme thread starter macrumors regular

4. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

If you're extremely careful, you can lightly swab the surface of the screen with an alcohol swab to reduce the amount of residual adhesive on the screen, but be sure to only put on enough alcohol so it will evaporate instantly.

5. fineaddme thread starter macrumors regular

thx i will try that
    my ipod has a bit of light leak does that matter? or do i run risk of dust getting under screen because of it?

6. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Technically no, because the screen assembly in the new iPod touch is literally airtight. If it bothers you though, by all means, return it now.

7. fineaddme thread starter macrumors regular

no it really doesnt plus i have no camera click with wifi on or off

8. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Then you should be good to go... I just noticed my 2nd generation touch has a massive light leak on the right side. Never noticed it cause the thing spent its whole life in a case.