Ipod touch 4g sudden battery drain

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by meowminator, Nov 30, 2010.

1. meowminator macrumors newbie

Greetings all,
    Ill get straight to the point..
    ive bought the ipod touch 4g barely a month ago, and since then ive been experiencing the following battery issues..
    1. Random battery drains (put to standby for 4 hours, click it on, only 1 or 2% battery lost, however within seconds, in front of me, the battery drops another 10% without me even touching the screen).
    2.I had the screen brightness at 50% no wifi/bluetooth on, with auto brightness...
    3. The same video which takes 4%, sometimes takes 12-15%, at the exact same settings with no apps or anything else on...
    4. Sometimes when the battery is at 97% or so, charging, i disconnect it...and immediately it jumps to 100%, i play music for a minute and it returns to its actual level which is 97%...
    4. I have tried restoring several times...to no avail..problem persists...

Since i had no clue about the apple return policy(being new to apple products), i missed my chance to get an immediate replacement, and i was asked to send it to an apple service centre...which kept it for a day, ran two hours of video and said the battery life was normal since it drained just 30% as it should have..

These battery level drops happen completely randomly...however they are worrying me a great deal....

Is there any way to get a replacement under the warranty?
    They are not easy to reproduce, as is the very nature of the problem, and i seem to have missed out on the return policy.
    If there is any way to get a replacement, for a brand new faulty ipod touch 4g, with such a random but crippling ailment, i wouldnt mind paying 20% of the price , if thats what it takes, I am that desperate.

Would be grateful for any expert advise!
    On a Side note: my friend with another ipod touch 4g(32 gb, same as mine), has no such issues.

2. 213rules macrumors member

It doesn't seem that bad.

1. Standby slowly drains the battery, and it might have just been refreshing.
    2. Yeah...
    3. The battery percentage isn't always that accurate. Especially if you are using the SBSettings one.
    4. So this still happens?

In my experience, if you complain to a genius about something wrong with your iPod that doesn't include the screen shattering or water getting in, they should replace it with a refurbished one. But they will check relentlessly for water damage.