Ipod Touch 4g SUPER BRICKED?!!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DJCAEZAR, Aug 26, 2013.

1. DJCAEZAR macrumors newbie

PLZ HELP ASAP ok so im om 6.1.3 and i tried downgrading to 6.1.2 with snowbreeze so i restore it and everything s fine and i just boot on redsnow and from then it wont turn on!!!! I pwned dfu it nothing
    I tried to put it in recovery, nothing but black screen
    Restart it, nothing
    Not even the apple logo will show up!!!!
    D: Pls help
    P.s. itunes says its in recovery but after i try to restore it it gives m an error

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

May I suggest sharing the text of that error?

4. DJCAEZAR thread starter macrumors newbie

Ipod error 1601 unable to restore

----------

Ipod error 1601 unable to restore

5. three macrumors 6502a

three

Don't know if you still need any help. I did a quick Google search and found some information for you. Apple stopped signing 6.1.2 on March 19th of this year. You need SHSH blobs from when / if you ran iOS 6.1.2 in the past. Apparently the SHSH blobs that are on Cydia are broken, so those from what I read will not work.

Here's a method to find your possibly (and hopefully) backed up 6.1.2 SHSH blobs. I'm not sure if you are on Windows or OS X, but on OS X you have to show hidden files and then navigate to this path on your computer. Hard Drive --> Users --> Your Name --> .shsh. In Windows it's a similar path. C: --> Documents and Settings --> computernamexxx --> .shsh

If all else fails, you should be able to restore to 6.1.3 and have a working device. From my understanding 6.1.3 is semi-untethered jailbroken for older devices (your 4th generation iPod touch included) and isn't jailbroken for newer A5+ devices.

I hope this helps. I just gathered this information from Google searches and mainly using this article on JailbreakQA which seems to be a great resource for all of your jailbreaking questions. Good luck. :)