iPod Touch 4G with HDR enabled.. couple of pics

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aznguyen316, Oct 15, 2010.

1. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Hey got HDR on my JB'd iPT4G.. when it snaps the picture it takes two pictures.. one with HDR and one without I guess.. anyway was at the car wash and snapped a few. These you can see the difference right away.

The 2nd set you can see the building in the back is not glared out. HDR really helps "see through the glare" kind of like with polarized sunglasses. Not that I'll be using the iPT for much camera work, it's nice that HDR does work though.

Attached Files:

2. avit macrumors regular

avit

3. aznguyen316 thread starter macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

jailbroke my iPod and got the "enable HDR" package =)

4. Link2999 macrumors 6502

For some reason that package doesn't work for me, I had to manually replace my files. I ended up removing the feature because I didn't like that the flash icon on the camera screen (plus I already have an HDR app for the Touch).

5. aznguyen316 thread starter macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

yeah it didn't work at first for me either... then it came out with a 2.0 update and I did that and rebooted and it was there =) what HDR app are you using?

6. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Looks like it works very well indeed. Good find! I may have to JB for that alone.

7. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

Why isn't HDR available for the touch? I thought it had such an excellent camera? ;)

8. newmacboyoutube macrumors member

The HDR is pretty awesome. But is it not a bit unsafe to jailbreak with BlackRa!n, since it causes App Store to be lost/ Get stuck on home screen, or has that been fixed? I've always been against jail breaking, but HDR might make me go for it or I could buy the better ProHDR app for $1.99...

9. pimpfighterROQ macrumors newbie

I did jailbreak my iPod touch 4th gen a few days ago and i have downloaded the hdr enabler from cydia. It basically unlocks the hdr lock for the ipod touch 4th generation inside the 4.1 IOS.

I have to say it certainly makes the pictures better. Less grainy. However i find that the Pro HDR does a better job in doing "HDR".

But then again with the stock HDR, it's faster than the Pro HDR. That's the only advantage it has.

10. SoraLimit macrumors regular

Blackra1n isn't even used on the new iPod touch, unless you're talking about limera1n.

And even then, both Greenpois0n and limera1n are now stable, so you won't see any major bugs.

11. aznguyen316 thread starter macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

yeah no major problems with limera1n and I used the original release hours after release.. and yeah HDR really helps with my photos even though the cam is still pretty weak haha

12. Link2999 macrumors 6502

True HDR, works great but it does resize the image.

13. Scott549 macrumors regular

I thought Jobs said at the press conference that all iOS devices would have HDR. Am I remembering that incorrectly? Of course he said all the iPods were getting updated and that was wrong. :(

14. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

What about iOS 4.3.2? It doesn't work for me for iOS 4.3.2. It is stuck at saving HDR.

15. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

I didn't think the camera in the iPod could ever take a quality photo even under perfect conditions... I will stick with using my BlackBerry with it's "ancient" 3.2MP camera for my stills. It doesn't do half bad in most situations but my 'Berry sucks at video. and my iPod Touch shines. :apple:

I really want/need a new phone, but my 'Berry does so much for me when I need it most. My DSL is down again and I'm tethered to my phone via Bluetooth. :)

Back to this HDR subject, I've never tried taking a HDR photo even with my "real" camera (a 10MP point & shoot Fuji). I'd like to give it a shot even with the most basic of cameras but being on a budget, I can't afford a nice DSLR. I have a nice old SLR film camera (Cannon AE-1 with various glass and filters) but never got the hang of it.

I need a HDR for dummies guide. :rolleyes: