iPod Touch 4th gen fell in toilet, works but....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jayd23, Sep 2, 2011.

1. jayd23 macrumors newbie

My iPod Touch 4th gen fell in the toilet (no poop!) for about 4 seconds before I took it out..

It wasn't working but after 3 days of rice and sun etc... I plugged it in and it works now.

It works perfect, the speakers, the touch sensitivity, sound and all. Only problem is that when the screen shows light colors, especially white, I can see (what I believe it to be) moisture or water drops behind the screen. Its only on one side, it gets pretty noticeable with white light.

Anything I can do to remove this?? Please help. It was $300 (32gb), I was so worried to have lost it, no warranty, and now it works! Any tips are appreciated.

2. treestar macrumors 6502

• Put it back in rice
    • Put it in silica dessicants
    • Heat with hairdryer

3. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

If you can live without it now is a good time to sell it. There'll probably be a new version in a few weeks. Even if you don't want the new version by then you'll be able to buy another one dirt cheap.

4. jayd23 thread starter macrumors newbie

How much do you think the iPod touch 4th gen 32 gb can sell for? Considering the moisture in the screen? But works perfect though...

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Excellent suggestions. To the OP, I'd suggest that you re-read the above and leave the Touch in for a few days longer in the big bowl of uncooked rice (and remember, absolutely no switching it on in the meantime).

Seriously? Really, seriously? Who would want to buy an iTouch with such a back history? Not I, to be honest. And I don't recommend telling a few porkies, either, in order to offload it onto someone else.....