iPod touch 4th gen major problems...dissapointed with apple.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Europium, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Europium macrumors newbie

About a month ago I bought a 64gb iPod touch. Ive had a lot of experience with apple's products and almost all of them have 'just worked' without any problems.

Enter this iPod.

The day I bought it I noticed large light leaks around the glass and volume buttons. I wasnt particularly bothered. After a few more days with it I found 4 dead pixels. The home button made odd clicking sounds when pressed and the little rounded square in the middle was noticeably tilted. I also found out that the camera was off center when I was taking photos of documents: one part was in focus, one wasn't. It then started to randomly shut off and freeze as frequently as a few times a week.

Yesterday I was playing galaxy on fire 2 and the iPod became excruciatingly hot. Then the volume control box appeared on the screen and volume dots suddenly began to rise. I was not holding down the button. Since then the upper volume button has been completely unresponsive, which is a big pain.

Truthfully I am quite surprised at apple for allowing such poor quality control. For $400 dollars I expected so much better.

Does anyone have any fixes for any of these problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Take it to an apple store?

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You should have returned it the day you saw the light leaks. Like you said, why pay $400 for something that is not perfect?

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Post some photos, with this thread showing on the ipt.

5. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

+1, your problems are really bad.

6. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

I have none of these issues. Its an electronic device, and some 'bad ones' are going to evolve somewhere when you are selling millions of them at a time. The test is how the manufacturer takes care of their customers when something like this does arise.

Take it back to Apple and get an exchange. If they don't exchange it, then disappointment is in order. To say you are disappointed with Apple before giving them a chance to make it right is ridiculous.