iPod touch 4th gen not charging

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dejablue33, Apr 5, 2015.

1. dejablue33 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my iPod touch not charging, but it only doesn't work in my car!!! I can charge it with a computer/laptop or a wall outlet -- but when I use the same exact charging cord in my car I get no response from the iPod.

I've even tried various cables and USB car chargers (I have two USB car chargers and one is BRAND new because I thought that was the problem).

I'm really stumped as to why this is happening. And it's a new thing -- I've had the iPod for about two years but it only stopped charging in the car about a month ago.

I thought maybe it was the voltage or amps but my new charger says 5V and 2.1amps which is pretty standard as far as I know.

Has anyone heard of this happening?? Or maybe have an inkling as to why it is happening? I'd appreciate any input as I'd really like to fix this issue.

Thank you for your time!!

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Maybe there's a problem with the charging socket in your car?

3. dejablue33 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have two separate cigarette sockets and the iPod won't work in either of them.... But my phone charges just fine in both so that can't be it.

Thank you for your suggestion though

4. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

So, you're sure it does work fine when NOT in your car? Because if it doesn't charge anywhere, then it's most likely something wrong with your device. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that the voltage or wattage in your socket or adapter which isn't enough powerful.

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

See if you can borrow someone else's car adapter and see if that works. I have cigarette adapter that refuses to charge my iPhone while it's in a Mophie case, but works just fine when the phone is by itself. For whatever reason your iPod may be drawing an odd amount of power that your adapter isn't liking.