iPod touch 4th gen randomly turning on and off?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by feeohhnaax7, Dec 25, 2010.

1. feeohhnaax7 macrumors newbie

I had my iPod touch on and plugged into a wall charger, I walk away to eat dinner, and when I come back, my iPod is off, and won't turn back on. After about 5 minutes of pressing the power button on and off, it finally turns back on. I unplug it, 10 minutes later I walk away again, come back and it's just turning back on, even though it was fully charged and on when I left it. It's been working fine since then, although all my apps and my Internet are slow.

Anyone expierence something similar to this?

2. Relg3! macrumors regular

Relg3!

I haven't had this happen to me.
    But is the iPod asleep when you charge it? If it is, it's perfectly fine for it to be awaken when plugged in.Although, if you were to shut it off. I am sure it stay off until plugged. Try a reboot. Hold the "on/off switch".

If problems persist try restoring it.

If restoring didn't do the trick try trouble shooting it with Apple.

3. feeohhnaax7 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it was awake while I was charging it, it crashed again right after I posted this, and I was in the middle of reading an email. I deleted a bunch of games I had, and it seemed to be working fine after that, and I havent had any further problems. Thanks though :)

4. Drucifer macrumors regular

Strange, games shouldn't make a difference, I have around 100 games on my 32GB Touch and it works fine.