iPod touch iPod Touch 4th Gen Won't Restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by core2kid, Jun 24, 2013.

1. core2kid macrumors newbie

Got an iPod Touch 4G at a garage sale that was stuck in a reboot loop. Brought it home and tried to restore it but iTunes kept freezing at the "Waiting for iPod" message (iPod would have a progress bar which would not move).

I tried to restore the iPod through Redsn0w and Redsn0w would freeze at the "waiting for NAND" screen.

Read somewhere else that I should be able to use the "Just Boot" option in Redsn0w to get the device back up however I get as far as the pineapple in place of the apple logo and then it freezes there. I've tried all IPSWs from the newest to 5.0.

Any ideas? I don't know what firmware this iPod has/had on it. I don't care what's on it, I just want it up and running.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Try connecting it to TinyUmbrella and see if the main screen gives any info.

3. core2kid thread starter macrumors newbie

TinyUmbrella does not detect it. As soon as I plug in the iPod iTunes opens saying that it's in recovery mode.

TinyUmbrella is working properly on my computer, it recognized an iPhone 4 without issues. I have SQLite3.dll copied to the same folder as TinyUmbrella. Do I need another file for it to be recognized by TinyUmbrella?

4. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Since it says 'waiting for NAND' there's a high possibility it's a hardware issue.

5. core2kid thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any way to force the firmware on the device via Jtag or something?