Ipod Touch 4th Generation 2.0 MP Camera Leaked Video

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kooshadeys, May 20, 2010.

1. kooshadeys macrumors newbie

kooshadeys

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. Neebee macrumors 6502a

Hmm. Isn't this a bit backwards. The [current] iPhone 3GS has a 3 MP camera and the rumoured next gen iTouch has a 2.0 MP?

BTW, I am considering getting an iTouch instead of the the new 4G iPhone if my cellular provider can't give me a good price on a data plan or the phone next month.

4. maclook macrumors 65816

No offense and I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but did you just put the first Asian language that came to your mind? It's been all over the news that these leaks are coming from Vietnam. Vietnamese uses letters and accents while Japanese uses characters

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

6. na1577 macrumors 6502a

It's not the "next gen" touch. This is a third generation prototype that was manufactured in June 2009.

7. kooshadeys thread starter macrumors newbie

kooshadeys

sorry ill fix that

8. Neebee macrumors 6502a

So the next gen is the gen 4 like the iPhone then?

9. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Most likely. No idea if it will have a camera though.

10. kooshadeys thread starter macrumors newbie

kooshadeys

It will probally have a camera based on what steve said at [link]

http://www.cultofmac.com/steve-jobs-why-the-ipod-touch-doesnt-have-a-camera/16110

You put a camcorder on the iPod Nano. Why not on the iPod Touch?

Steve: Originally, we weren’t exactly sure how to market the Touch. Was it an iPhone without the phone? Was it a pocket computer? What happened was, what customers told us was, they started to see it as a game machine. Because a lot of the games were free on the store. Customers started to tell us, “You don’t know what you’ve got here — it’s a great game machine, with the multitouch screen, the accelerometer, and so on.”
    We started to market it that way, and it just took off. And now what we really see is it’s the lowest-cost way to the App Store, and that’s the big draw. So what we were focused on is just reducing the price to $199. We don’t need to add new stuff — we need to get the price down where everyone can afford it.

Pogue: How come the Nano can now record video, but can’t take stills?

Steve: The sensors for doing video are fairly thin. The sensors for doing a still camera, at much higher pixel resolution — and we’d really like to have autofocus — they are just way too thick to ever fit inside the Nano.

11. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Hey guys that was on this weeks page, it's not 4 gen it's a prototype from third gen touch, they scrapped the idea just be four announcing it.

12. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I didn't see anything to suggest a camera in the Touch.

1) "We don’t need to add new stuff — we need to get the price down where everyone can afford it."

2) He was talking about the sensor in the nano.

"The sensors for doing video are fairly thin. The sensors for doing a still camera, at much higher pixel resolution — and we’d really like to have autofocus — they are just way too thick to ever fit inside the Nano."

As the pictures showed, Apple was able to get a camera into the 3rd gen prototype. From what Steve Jobs said, it looked like it was a marketing decision to remove it before production.

The next gen Touch may or may not have a camera.

13. kingslash6 macrumors newbie

I'm so jealous and a bit upset because I've bought 2 ipod touches already grrrr. Looks cool tho

14. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say that. I don't think Apple will make drastic changes. Unlike the iPhone, the iPods have certain design elements that do not change, like the chrome back.

15. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The form factor will change similar to the 4rth gen iPhone in order to hold a larger battery (both os4 and the high res screen need a larger battery).

16. kooshadeys thread starter macrumors newbie

kooshadeys

Yes, but.......

I understand, but my thought was he thought everyone wanted the gaming device part of it, so thats how they marketed it, on my understanding is he gave us what he thought we wanted so maybe he sees everbody waiting for the 4th gen to come with a camera [ME!] or just ain't that intrested in it without.

There can be alot of features that can be added to the Iphone that the touch don't and won't have so that iphone sale don't go down like Live Streaming video [kind of like tv] that you purchase from the app store and will pay a monthly price on your carrier [AT&T maybe Verizon]

The nano could come with 2 external speakers to atleast improve the quality of the sound a little bit.

17. na1577 macrumors 6502a

You say that like you have knowledge of Apple's roadmap. But you don't.

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Of course I don't but neither do all the posters that post threads guaranteeing a camera in the Touch.

Based on past releases, the Touch follows many of the changes in the iPhone. Once we see the new iPhone in a few weeks, we will have an idea of what is in store for the Touch.

19. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I was just commenting that the last gen Touch without a camera was a marketing decision (based on the fact that the prototype had a camera and Steve Jobs saying it was a marketing decision). Marketing decisions do change so we might see a camera in the next Touch but it's also a possibility that they decide not to put a camera in the new Touch.

20. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

+1