iPod touch iPod Touch 4th generation issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Space Marine, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Space Marine macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm having an issue with my 4th generation ipod touch. I followed this jailbreak tutorial for 6.1.3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlaTwQLbcHw

Everything was working fine, I installed SBSettings for battery percentage, and then whenever I would lock my ipod and put it in my pocket, It would go back to DFU mode. So I tried restoring through itunes, which didn't work. So I tried a restore through RedSn0w.
    Now the iPod won't turn on or connect to my computer. I know its not an issue with the cable because my iPhone 3GS connects just fine.

(NOTE: I did use a DFU mode ISPW file because the home button on the iPod is really touchy.)

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

download TinyUmbrella and see if it recognizes the iPT

3. Space Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

Tiny Umbrella doesn't even recognize it. Neither does Sn0wbreeze, ifaith, and iREB.
    The ipod doesn't make any sort of sound when connected, and neither does the computer.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

did you try a hard reset(holding home/power) while connected?

5. Space Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

As described in my first post, the home button is broken.

6. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

Wow i wouldnt even try turning my ipod on if the home button was broken. if you have any problem when its jailbroken you wont be able to do anything because certain modes need to be entered and without a home button you'd be stuck

7. Space Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

So I'm screwed, then?

8. Space Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

do you still have a warranty? if not you can pay like $50 and get the button fixed or just buy a new ipod touch. the 5G is a giant improvement from the 4G

10. Space Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

Not trying to sound cheap here, but you're saying it is dead if I don't fix the home button?

11. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

Yup. Thats why i suggested you buy a new ipod 5g instead of using up money on the older model. but if you want that one go and get the home button fixed. its your choice. if you want to keep everythin on this ipod and put it on a new one its as simple as a backup to itunes (no home button required ;) )

12. Space Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

So it turns out the home button does work, its just extremely sensitive to where I push on it.

I tried holding home and plugging in and holding home and power while plugged in.
    Does anyone else know a way to fix it?

13. Space Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

14. Space Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

15. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero