iPod touch 4th generation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sweetp, Jan 12, 2014.

1. sweetp macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knew the cost to repair a crack on the screen and my menu button. I'm using assistive touch and my screen crack isn't noticeable. I'm a pooor student, but i kind of just want to fix it up. Would it be cheaper just to buy a new iPod?

I don't like how the newer itouch's look.

Anyways thank you!

2. Bear macrumors G3

How much storage your iPod touch has determines Apple's repair pricing. 16GB is $99, 32GB is $149 and 64GB is $199.

3. sweetp thread starter macrumors newbie

8gb

4. SusanK macrumors 68000

$99 out of warranty was the latest info I had. The swap the device out for a refurbished one unless the policy has changed since last year when they changed mine out.

5. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

That is kinda a rip off by apple if they make people pay more for a repair depending on the size of the iPod touch-the storage capacity and screen have nothing in common...just apple trying to make an extra buck off of people who have already spent hundreds on Apple's products

6. Bear macrumors G3

This pricing is for replacing the unit, so the storage size does matter. For the couple of parts they can now replace in most stores, that is a fixed price no matter the storage capacity of the iPod.

7. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I see, your right. I forgot that they actually have to replace the device- I kinda think it is "false marketing" on apple's part for calling it a battery replacement-they don't really explain that they are replacing the entire device not just the battery.

8. Bear macrumors G3

Ahh the battery replacement price is $79 and I think that applies to all generations of the iPod touch. The prices I listed were for out of warranty repair/replacement. And actually on some iOS devices, some Apple stores can replace the battery and not the whole unit now.