ipod touch 4th or ipod touch 5th generation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ahmedb, Apr 9, 2011.

1. ahmedb macrumors newbie

so when is the ipod touch 5th generation going to be released?
    btw, what should i get, an ipod touch 4th gen, or should i wait for the 5th gen?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Likely in earlyish September, as they have with the previous models. I would say if you would enjoy having the iPod before then, buy the current model. I have had the 4th gen since november, and it's great. The screen is sweet, the battery lasts quite a while, and it's plenty fast.

3. thepowerofnone macrumors member

depends on what you are using it for..

the rumor is, and it is almost certainly going to be true, that the 5th gen will have the A5 chip in it which offers significant gains in graphics. So... if you want to run graphics intensive games a lot then sure you might think about waiting but consider two things 1) if this isn't a big issue then you will really just wait 5 months for nothing and 2) on the small iPod screen the improvements to graphics settings won't be as noticeable as on the iPad so the really difference will be in 60 fps or 150 fps. I doubt it will be a noticeable improvement unless something other than the chip changes.

4. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

5. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

iPod Touch is always released in September each year, only a half year, I think you should wait for 5th gen with patience. Each gen had some big upgrades compare to the early one. But I had get the 4th one, that's enough!:D

6. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

7. Crigger540 macrumors member

Crigger540

I get a new ipod every 12 months - the 4th gen is only a little over half its life at this point - get the 4th gen and enjoy it for 5 months - then do what most of us do - the day before they release the 5th gen sell your 4th gen on Ebay.