Ipod touch 5 g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Grant1210, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Grant1210, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011

Grant1210 macrumors member

Ok before all of you start complaining I was just going to say..
    If think apple is going to add an sd card spot to the new (maby) ipod touch
    ????
    What do you think about it?

Please let me know if they will or not and why or why not?! :) :)

2. old-wiz, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011

old-wiz macrumors G3

Why would they? What would be the purpose? Apple wants control, and they aren't going to do it.

3. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

I really hope they do. It would be totally awesome. It would be like adding extra memory to the iPod.

I really don't think they are going to add any new HARDWARE because they are trying to get the iPods and iPhones thinner. They might add it to the iPhone. But not the iPod.

4. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

99.9% notta chance.

Why? You just transfer in and out from a computer. No need for a card. The iPT is the lowest-end Apple mobile iOS device: they won't add anything that will put it in front of any other iOS device.

5. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

They wouldn't but it in front of any other iDevice but it would not be I front of the other iDevice if they added it to the iPhone and iPad.

6. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

7. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

SD card? I think it's impossible and I don't like it also.

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

SD Card? Did you even see how slim iPod touch is? It's going to get even slimmer every two years or three years.

64GB is not enough storage? Good lord...

If they ever put a card slot, it would be for Micro SD card slot and it won't be SD card slot.

9. MacSE87 macrumors newbie

:)confused: This is the third time I'm typing this, don't know why it got rejected 2x, sorry if ends up with 3 similar posts)

First, What you (Grant1210) plan to use a SD card reader for?

I think it's unlikely.

• Physically: No room; or at least the space inside the slim iPod touch can be better used to continue to improve battery, camera, screen, or possibly 3Gdata/GPS/antennae (rumored today). Adding a reader isn't just the size of a card, it's all the frames and electronics needed to make it work. I'd hope they improve the 0.7 MP camera rather than put in a SD reader. :D

• Strategically: Apple has good deals with Flash RAM manufacturers; I dont see Apple relinquish that advantage and go to SD cards. Also, allowing music/movies/books/apps to be transferred via SD card would open up a can of worms in terms of copyright issues. And Apple's media partners would not like that at all.

• Functionally: Apple's a minimalist, less is more. I don't see how carrying extra SD cards around fits in that. In terms of media transfer, you can already transfer all you media amongst your computer/iPhone/iPod/iPad via iTunes. And with iOS5/iCloud coming soon, you'll have all your media accessible from all your devices. I think Apple would like you to use the wireless iCloud over an SD card.
    Most people would use an SD card with a camera. Apple sells a reader for the current iPad. I could see them putting in a reader for a high end iPad HD (rumored). I doubt they'd put one into the iPod touch.

Cheers! (hope this goes thru this time. if not, I give up. :p)
    (Oh and I don't know any more than everyone else here who reads rumors. :D)

10. Grant1210 thread starter macrumors member

ok if they did make just saying then wouldn't jailbreaking be easier?
    ...I just wanted to start up a conversation... if you want to talk faster email me at grantstevens12@gmail.com ok...thnx for all of the comments everyone this is my first post thnx!

11. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

In a short answer, No. Apple makes a majority of their profit from flash memory in their mobile devices, so when someone purchases a 32GB over an 8GB touch - that's a $70 difference with 16GB of memory which is about $25-35 for an SD Card - they will never support SD media on their portable devices in my opinion.

12. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

The mechanisms needed for sd slots would take up space designed for battery and whatnot. I prefer longer lasting battery vs. more memory. Nand memory will get cheaper every year so I'm sure Apple will up the space.

13. Grant1210 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well thnx for all of the comments I like my new iPod touch and u all r right I cant fill it up with space lol

14. Grant1210 thread starter macrumors member

Charging the devices

well I heard that apple was making a new way to charge the idevices and if so that would be awsome ...

please let me know what you think thanks!!!

15. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Yes it is possible. MacRumors itself has an article on it.

16. Grant1210 thread starter macrumors member

Ipod touch 5g ...What do you want ?

So what do you want on it me...

Well basicly more ram and more space...
    maby the A5 chip will be in it

so tell me macrumors fans what do u want in it?:apple:
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

17. jonrando macrumors 6502a

18. Grant1210 thread starter macrumors member

19. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

Thank you for pointing in the right direction.(and for linking my thread)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1141947

That is the thread that I made, over 9000 views and 70+ replies.

Feel free to contribute your thoughts in to my iPod Touch 5G thread, other threads are not necessary at this time.

20. Panther71 macrumors regular

As I suggested a few weeks ago, why not choose one thread as the thread to discuss the 5G iPod Touch and attach a sticky to it?

21. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

There are various point of views to discuss iPod Touch 5g.
    One thread is not sufficient to contain all discussions, therefore multiple threads are needed.

However this thread is very similar to previous threads and does not provide new viewpoints on iPod Touch 5g so this thread should not have been made.

22. Grant1210 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was wondering if the new ippd touch will have a radio intenna on it... Becuase i love to listen to the radio

23. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Seriously, use the other two iPod touch 5 threads that already have pages of posts on them and stop spamming this forum with redundant threads.

--

Besides, get an app like TuneIn Radio and you can listen to any station you want when you have WiFi.

24. Grant1210 thread starter macrumors member

Hey do u think there might be an intenna for the next ipod touch5g

25. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

No.