Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xeblade

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
If you need an 3G capabilities then go with the iPhone. However, the iPod Touch is more powerful than the iPhone 4 in all areas. So if you don't need a phone or already have a cheap one, I would go with the iPod Touch.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I cannot decide between the iPod Touch 5 or an iPhone 4.

I have T-Mobile so I can get an iPhone touch without the data plan.

The iPhone 4 only has an A4 processor in it while the iPod Touch has an A5 (The new Touch will perform similar to the iPhone 4S). Unless you need a data plan and a GPS, I would go with the new Touch rather then the iPhone 4.

hkoster1

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
The Netherlands
I cannot decide between the iPod Touch 5 or an iPhone 4.

I have T-Mobile so I can get an iPhone touch without the data plan.
Well, I have decided that question in favour of the iPod Touch 5, since I'm not using mobile 3G/4G internet and GPS much. Where I live there's usually a free WiFi Hotspot around, and the cost of my occasional paid Hotspot use doesn't warrant the monthly charges of an iPhone contract.

I'm eagerly awaiting my iPod Touch 5 (32GB black, ordered 15 September), so I can put my iPhone 4 up for sale.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
At current pricing I'd get the 4S if you want a phone.

My AntennaGate iPhone 4 was the worst phone I've owned, the 4S the best of all iPhones, yes, even better than my iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.