General iPod touch 5g corrupted after iCleaner Pro was used

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by danibozz97, Apr 3, 2013.

1. danibozz97, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013

danibozz97 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys, my Jailbroken iPod Touch has never had issues, until yesterday when i thought to free up some space and I read about iCleaner in an article. It was the latest version, so I ran it and now the weather app doesn't work anymore; it crashes right when you open it.
    Also, most of my apps are suddenly very slow and laggy, some crash after 1 minute, like App Store

Has anibody experienced something similar after iCleaner? I'm pretty sure that's the cause.
    Does anibody have a solution, possibly without resetting the iPod (iOs 6.1)?

Also (before the iCleaner thing), it has been since three days ago, when I wan to install a package in cydia it just stops in the middle and I have to cancel (Operation Timed Out) then retry to install 3-4 times until it finally installs properly.
    The download stops, then I have to manually resume it.
    What could be the cause?

Thanks in Advance!
    GReetings from Italy

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Did you have cydia sources set to on?

3. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

4. danibozz97 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually no, but I installed it yesterday and uninstalled it after an hour after I noticed it didn't work. Why do you ask? are there known problems related to appcake?

5. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Supposedly the Weather app crash is related to AppSync being installed, which is automatically installed with AppCake. If you aren't using AppCake anymore, uninstall AppSync and the Weather app crash should be fixed.
    If you want to reinstall it later, you will need an extra tweak called Weather App fix (or something like that).

I don't know about the other issues, but if they appeared at the same time as the Weather app crash then I assume they are related and therefore should be fixed.