Ipod touch 5G good to buy now ??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by p3d706, Aug 20, 2014.

1. p3d706, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

p3d706 macrumors newbie

Is it good right to now to buy a Ipod touch 5 gen. ??? plz help me :( :confused:
    because i know they going to a ios 8 so would also come with ipod 6G

2. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

you double post but mod would probably take care of that.

My gut feeling is telling me to wait till Sep 9 (believed to be the announcement of Iphone 6) and see whether Ipod touch 6 also come out as well? Iphone 6 would probably sport an A8 chip which will be 3 gen from current Touch if they don't update. A5 is good to go for music/app and video but gaming is starting to lag now. My Ipad 2 even act weird recently i dont know why, web surfing is not smooth at all.

3. AndreaTa macrumors regular

It's not good to buy it now. I think that newest ipod touch will be released soon in this year.

4. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

You might as well wait now. It's only about 2 weeks away. You might as well get the best specs possible for your money.

5. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

You might as well wait to see if it is announced this September but, I'm pretty sure that the Touch 6 will not be announced till spring 2015 at the earliest.

6. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

I'm not expecting to see a new touch either, but I agree the OP may as well wait for two weeks.

7. AndreaTa macrumors regular

At least you should wait to that time, then you can think more about buying or not. :)

8. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Wait for the keynote in September. They announced the iPod 5 alongside the iPhone 5, and since the iPod 4 they have skipped iPod releases for iPhone "S" models. iPod 4 came out with iPhone 4 I believe, then iPhone 4S came out, no iPod. iPhone 5 came out with iPod 5, and it had the same 4 inch screen, aluminum body, etc. The iPod had a generation behind in internals though. iPhone 5 had an A6 chip with 1GB of RAM. iPod 5 had A5 chip with 512MB of RAM, iPhone 4S specs. This causes me to assume the iPod 6 will come out alongside the iPhone 6, featuring the same screen size as the iPhone 6 possibly, with an A7 chip and 1GB of RAM. This all is assuming they don't phase out the iPod touch though. I really think they shouldn't, because it sells like hot cakes for kids. It seriously is hard for me to find a kid around my area who doesn't have an iPod touch.