iPod Touch 5G Hands-On Video by Japanese Consumer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by scarlettsweb13, Oct 8, 2012.

1. scarlettsweb13 macrumors member

As many of you may know, Japanese Apple retail stores started selling the new iPod Touch today and there have been photos, Youtube videos, and blogs all over the internet from Japan about the new iPod Touch. I found this hands-on video from a Japanese consumer who has been posting other useful iPod Touch 5G videos also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5wviw35Gk

I don't know why Siri was not working; maybe he had to change the settings or something. Hands-on videos are always awesome! :)

2. caramelpolice macrumors regular

God, that screen is beautiful. Even in this video you can tell it's so vastly superior to the 4th generation.

3. Jsameds Suspended

Siri has to be enabled in the settings I believe.

4. anshuvorty macrumors 6502a

anshuvorty

exactly! it isn't enabled by default...

5. dchao macrumors 6502a

Told you guys, the iPT5 is coming after the PS VITA and 3DS XL martket share. That is why they're launching it in Japan first. :cool:

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

actually, black slate color is amazing. it is surprising.

7. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Agreed to disagree;)
    The "black" is not black at all. It's greyish/graphite and dull looking. The best color is white/silver hands down:)

8. qwerty808 macrumors member

damn that's sexy. looks better than the iphone imo. hope it don't scratch too easily though.

9. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Get a good transparent case;) Macally offers some good stuff for iPod touches:)

10. Rad-o macrumors member

Is there a difference between product red and other colors ? And why is it called ' (PRODUCT ) red ?

11. gerbilbox macrumors regular

"(Product) Red" is a fundraising campaign supported by Apple and other major companies to fund The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. If you buy any (Product) Red merchandise (Apple or otherwise), some money gets donated to that campaign:

https://www.apple.com/product-red/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_Red

12. Rad-o macrumors member

So the difference is only the color and i will be helping some people to fight AIDS ? Cool !! :D

13. Prince Vince macrumors newbie

Camera on Back of iPod 5G sticking out. Makes it uneven.

I love the new design and the bigger screen ( just perfect size for the pocket and not too big like samsung Galaxy S3.)

BUT
    the video of the japanese fella shows how the iPod lying on the table is uneven because of that round (protective) circle around the cam on the back.
    How annoying and untypical for an apple design is that??

cmon, the iPhone and the iPod touch is supposed to be flat for a stable handling!

Then again, most people probably get a case, which might (hopefully) even out that bit of the camera...
    But still....Apple....that is not perfection and the design department and the techs department should have more often coffee together I assume.

cheers
    Vince