iPod Touch 5G Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mendaxi, Feb 21, 2015.

1. mendaxi macrumors newbie

So yesterday, I had to do a factory reset in order to get rid of some synced images from my computer that I couldn't delete using normal means. However, after I tried to do the reset the iPod froze at the screen where it shows the progress bar of the action, not the normal boot screen. So in order to access recovery mode, I need to let it turn itself off through normal battery drain. However, this also results in the iPod turning off midway through a restore. The iPod was jailbroken using taig on 8.1.2 and was previously jailbroken using pangu's tool. Any ideas on how to fix? I don't mind if I have to lose jailbreak. :confused:

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Hitting the reset button on a jailbroken device will always result in an unbootable device.

You will have to enter DFU mode and restore with iTunes to the latest iOS (8.1.3 as of right now). So you will loose your JB but there is no way around that now.

In the future, don't reset the device while it's jailbroken. There are tools to clear things out such as SemiRestore.