iPod touch 5G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nutella-addict, May 22, 2012.

1. nutella-addict macrumors member

nutella-addict

I'd like to know everything there is to know about the iPod touch 5G. When did it come out? how much does it cost? what is different about it compared to other ipod touches? is the 4G and 5G almost the same thing? where can i find cheap ipod touch 5gs online or at stores? should i go with ipod touch 5g or 4g? what is price difference?

sorry for so many questions! if you don't feel like answering all of them, can you direct me to a site that has this info? does he apple website have this type of ques/answ?

thanks ;)

2. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

The one that came out last year was essentially the same one that came out 2 years ago (4th gen) (i.e. they did not come out with a new one last year). The only difference that you would see is that you can get it in white.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

The 5G is exactly the same as the 4G, except you can get it in white as well as black...

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

There really isn't such thing as a 5G. The latest upgrade is just a 4G with white bezel on the front.

Perhaps a 5G at WWDC though I highly doubt it.

5. nutella-addict thread starter macrumors member

nutella-addict

well I have found 4Gs in white?? are they actually 5Gs? cuz they have white ones at walmart and I think they are 4Gs

6. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

nut,

The general consensus regarding the naming convention for the iPod touch is that the current touches are the 4th Generation models. The 4G originally came out in Sept'10. Last year (Oct'11), they intro'd a white version, with no other upgrades. These are generally viewed as 4G models.

Check out this WIKI page.

ft

7. nutella-addict thread starter macrumors member

nutella-addict

8. Slinkwyde macrumors regular

In 2010, the 4th gen iPod touch was only available in black. In 2011, Apple made it available in white too. That was the only change they made to the hardware. The 5th gen iPod touch doesn't exist yet.

I expect an announcement in September or October.