Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
i tried with my sister's ipod touch 4th gen with constantly wifi browsing, the battery died in about 1 hour.
- also played riptide for 3 minutes and battery went down 10% (with wifi, bluetooth off)

but looks like it can last a week if you only use it to listen to music, which is not the only thing you do with your ipod touch, i usually use wifi a lot (news, youtube, web)

not sure if i should get one, it's stupid that they make it so thin, i don't need that extremely thin design, make it even bigger than the iphone, then put a bigger battery in it. isn't that better?

FYI: my brother's ipad can last at least 10 hours of web browsing, wifi, bluetooth. its battery is freaking awesome.

Rad-o

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
i tried with my sister's ipod touch 4th gen with constantly wifi browsing, the battery died in about 1 hour.
- also played riptide for 3 minutes and battery went down 10% (with wifi, bluetooth off)

but looks like it can last a week if you only use it to listen to music, which is not the only thing you do with your ipod touch, i usually use wifi a lot (news, youtube, web)

not sure if i should get one, it's stupid that they make it so thin, i don't need that extremely thin design, make it even bigger than the iphone, then put a bigger battery in it. isn't that better?

FYI: my brother's ipad can last at least 10 hours of web browsing, wifi, bluetooth. its battery is freaking awesome.

1 hour ? :O my 4th gen gives me 4 - 5 hours ! I use it for Browsing , YouTube videos and Facebook

If you don't like the think design , buy a case :)

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
1 hour ? :O my 4th gen gives me 4 - 5 hours ! I use it for Browsing , YouTube videos and Facebook

If you don't like the think design , buy a case :)

- oh, then maybe there are some problems with my sister's ipod touch (it's not even a year old, but looks like she doesn't take good care of the battery)

- you misunderstood, i do like the thin design, but it would be better if apple put a bigger battery in it and make it thicker, because it the thickness does not matter to me. (look at the iphone, it's thicker, they put a bigger battery in it, it lasts pretty long)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.