iPod Touch 5th Gen design is AWESOME

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Red Logic, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Red Logic macrumors newbie

Red Logic

THIS IS MY OPINION

The iPod touch 5's design is , honestly, one of Apples best designs. It is so nice and light, thin, flowing, balanced, and all in all awesome. The corners are rounded so nicely, and it really just feels so good in your hand. With the iPhone 5S, the edges are still sharp, and after a while just hurt me hand. Maybe it's just because I'm really used to the iPod 5's design, but I just really like the iPod 5's design soo much. My least favorite thing is the iPod loop thing, but that really doesn't even matter. AND , going a little off topic, for a device that is a year old now, it still runs most games pretty well:)

SO yep that's why I really like the iPod touch 5th gen. Thanks and goodbye :):D

2. PyroJonathan macrumors newbie

Yes, the design is very good. I like how they followed what they did with the iPad air, iPad mini and iPad mini with retina display... the slightly squared body, brushed aluminum backing etc. I, personally, like the sharper and less rounded edges more, like on the iPhones... just my preference though. And yes, the loop is pretty much useless ;) Do you ever experience lag on iOS 7? I never have, which I think is impressive for a year old device.

3. hoodedwarbler12 macrumors regular

I love the design as well. It's no big wonder that they have now based the entire iPad line on it.

4. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

The only thing that bothers me a little is that the lens sticks out from the body but I picked up one of these on clearance and it works well, so far. The loop thing is a take it or leave it item. I do wish they had it as an option for the iPhone though.

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

It really is an amazing design. I bought my girlfriend one before I moved to NY - she already has an iPhone, long story - and I find it just adorable and really sleek. I just got her the base 16GB model and even though it lacks the back camera and loop, it helps it look even more sleek, simplistic, and just awesome.

6. PyroJonathan macrumors newbie

Well, I'm not sure they based the iPad line on it. I'm confident that Apple new how they were going to design the iPads as well as the iPod, not one based on the other. If anything, the design is based on the iPhone, which would make sense as the new design is similar to the iPhone.

Eh, extra production costs that are much better spent on new features and improvements. Most people probably wouldn't use it, and it could take away from the sleek design and cleaness of the iPhone.

7. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

I also think the design is awesome but Ipad didn't follow the same design.

I hate the look of Ipad Air and Mini. Bezel too thin but u can probably still hold it easily for the Mini but for the 9.7 inch, no matter how light. I would want to have my finger rest comfortably when holding it vertical.

8. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

What? The side bezels of iPod touch are even narrower, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

9. LFMNX macrumors regular

I'm a bit disappointed that the processor is lagging. My son is a huge garageband user which is really getting some capabilities and has outgrown the 4th gen ipod touch. I just feel that the 5th gen will not last 2 years with the A5 chip in terms of it's processing power for those types of applications in IOS7

10. Aucun Express macrumors regular

I totally agree with OP.
    I think that we focus too much on the iPhone and not enough on the iPod touch. It holds great value.

11. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The 5th gen will easily last another year. The 4th gen has always run poorly under IOS 6 and will not even run IOS 7. The 5th gen runs great under IOS 7.

12. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

what im trying to say is that you could easily hold ipod touch with 2 fingers no matter how narrow the side bezels are.

For Ipad, it just look dumb when your thumb is covering part of the screen.

13. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

touch 5 design is so bad ass that I don't know how they're going to top it.

14. Superluigi6 Suspended

Superluigi6

I, again, love the design. I have one in my hand as I type this. The variety of colors are beautiful. I would of loved to see the rear camera inside the design, instead of sticking out.

I could see the iPod touch 5g lasting another year with a small revamp (ex. better camera), with the 6th generation occurring sometime in 2014 with the iPhone 6.

15. DFZD, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013

DFZD macrumors regular

Felt slight lag on 7.0.3, but was gone after I turned on 'Reduce Motion' and disabled Background App Refresh.

They should discontinue iPod Touch, and launch the same product with Cellular Option and call it

"THE iPAD NANO"

because that's what it really is.

16. wickoo macrumors member

I never cared to hold an iPod Touch until a few weeks ago and boy, are you right.
    Its form factor is exactly what the iPhone should eventually become. Thin, light, rounded edges, metal. It's perfect.

17. Valinor macrumors member

I actually love everything about it. Also the color choices.
    Even the loop is awesome. I have my keys in 1 pocket and my phone in the other. Could never find a place to put my Ipod touch, so now I bought a detachable neck strap and I wear the Ipod around my neck :p