iPod touch iPod Touch 5th gen iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken keeps rebooting

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by garirry, Jan 18, 2014.

1. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

After installing a tweak on Cydia (on iOS 7, iPod Touch 5th gen), after restarting the device, it would be stuck on rebooting constantly on the Apple logo or being stuck on the loading circle. After a HUGE pain, I managed to enter into safe mode, but it restarted after I opened Cydia. After restarting into safe mode multiple times, it would restart every few seconds. I'm unable to do anything, since it would not let me do a single thing before it crashes.

Any help or advice? I would prefer not having to restore the device.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

if entering safe mode doesn't help and you really don't wish to restore, one thing you can try to do is browse into the file system and delete the mobilesusbtrate.dylib (which should essentially act as if mobilesubstrate isn't installed so no tweaks will load)

of course, there's also the chance that this won't work at all either

3. garirry thread starter macrumors 68000

garirry

Oh, thanks a lot! I luckily had ifile installed, so I deleted the tweak that caused problems, then it restarted one more time, and now all the tweaks are back to normal and my device is working as it should without the bad tweak.

Thanks for the advice!

BTW, jailbreakers, please install ilife on your iDevice just in case. Also, the app that caused problems was CCLoader, so if you want to install this app, beware.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You should install afc2add and openssh from cydia as well. Those are helpful when you can't boot onto the home screen to use iFile (afc2add will probably be more useful for you since many people use programs like ifunbox)