ipod touch 5th gen not syncing properly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Oktober, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Oktober macrumors regular

I did some changes in iTunes with some of the album titles - renaming the back to what they should be e.g "AC/DC Ballbreaker" back to "Ballbreaker"

since doing this itunes won't finish syncing and now my ipod touch has put a music video - "Metallica: The videos" at the very top of album list before A. The alphabet on the right hand side does not correctly work either.

I am still running OSX 10.6.8, I tried Lion, but although it is "compatible" it was not. But it was working fine in the latest version of iTunes on Lion, not with 11.4 and iOS 8.1.1.

Any suggestions?

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

are you running the special version of 11.4 iTunes that was made especially for snow leopard? do you have 32 bit machine?

if you are using a 32 bit machine or if you have any syncing issues with snow leopard you should be using the special 32 bit version of snow leopard
    you can get it from

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1774?viewlocale=en_US

that might not be your issue. but on 32 bit machines running snow leopard and iTunes, it can't sync because apple didn't include any 32 bit syncing code. it was all 64 bit. if you connect your iOS device and iTunes reports it as all "other" and one big yellow bar, and sync is greyed out, and backup does nothing when you click it, then you are affected.

other then that i would suggest unchecking sync music , syncing the iPod, and checking sync music, and letting it sync, whew

3. Oktober, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014

Oktober thread starter macrumors regular

4. Oktober thread starter macrumors regular

Here are two screen dumps on itunes in action - waiting for changes to be applied. Also notice the grey circles next to the songs. What is 'Other' which has suddenly quadrupled in size.

Attached Files:

5. Oktober thread starter macrumors regular

I *think* I have sorted out the problem. After reading Fixes for iTunes syncing problem and seeing this new approach: - post #37

it seems to have worked for me for the moment.