iPod touch 5th Gen - your predictions?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cobbyco, Aug 6, 2012.

1. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

My iPod touch 5th Gen theories:
    • A5 chip (dual core)
    • The same screen size as 6th Gen iPhone
    • Dictation over WiFi
    • Rear camera bumped up to 3MP (or the same 5MP as in iPad 3rd Gen if Apple are feeling nice)
    • No change to front camera
    • More RAM (hopefully 1GB, but probably only 512MB)
    • New (thinner) charging/syncing port on the bottom (if the iPhone 6th Gen gets it)
    • iOS 6 with 3D maps
    • Same battery life (10 hours)
    • Same price as iPod touch 4th Gen when it was first released (£189 or whatever that was in $)
    • Black and white colour (or "color") options
    • New WiFi and Bluetooth
    • Internal storage options may change due to increase in app size etc. (from 8GB, 32GB and 64GB to 16GB, 32GB and 64GB)???

What it will NOT get:
    • A5X chip (found in iPad 3rd Gen)
    • No home button or a touch home button
    • 3G or 4G data
    • More than 64GB internal storage
    • External storage slot
    • NFC (Near Field Communications for payments etc.)
    • Full Siri

I feel the first list may be a bit too long...
    What do you think?

2. tonyr6 macrumors 6502a

tonyr6

I'm upgrading when it comes out and if it does not then I will be getting a iPhone 5 contract only if TMobile offers it for so long if not then I might go with Sprint then.

My current iPod Touch 64 GB white is a laggy crash prone peace of crap with iOS 5. I could not even listen to the DI.fm app and browse in Safari without it crashing twice trying to read a article on mobile cnet site. Then browsing to a forum both Safari and the Di.fm app crashed. If I see that black screen then back to the home screen one more time :mad: I am going to throw this thing out the window. iOS 5 with a Retina display with only 256 MB of Ram is pathetic at best.

If it does come out I predict.
    It will get the 19 pin dock connector.
    The screen most likely be the same.
    It will have 512 MB of Ram. If it has less then I will skip it.
    It will have a better camera but not much maybe 3 to 5 MP.

3. chleuasme macrumors 6502

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

5. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I predict that many more threads with this topic will be started. I also predict that when they finally come out.

1) People will complain because a certain feature is missing (i.e. nobody will be happy).
    2) People will complain about the price and threaten to go elsewhere for reasons 1 and 2.
    3) Apple will sell a lot.

6. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Basically the same as you, except with a few adjustments.

-A6 chip (which will be seen in the next iPhone)
    -Full Siri (as included in iOS 6 for the iPad 3)
    -NFC will be included (if it is included in the next iPhone)

(I really really hope the minimum storage is 16gb with a $200 price tag (probably £189) but it probably will not happen since it has not happened already on the iPod 4)

7. jbimler macrumors regular

I think you're spot on with most of that. My 4G Touch is prone to crashes as well. Hoping to sell my 32GB for 225 so I can get the base model.

8. tonyr6 macrumors 6502a

tonyr6

All I will complain about is if it still comes with 256 MB of RAM. The lack of RAM in the current touch is the reason why it is slow, laggy and unstable.

9. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

I am in need of a new touch but if its not 512 mb of ram or more I will not be buying. That is all I really want is more ram, really. I am a ram hog on almost everything I buy so I am a believer that you cannot have too much ram, within reason of course.

10. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

What has surprised me with the iPod touch is that it hasn't been integrated with he iPhone line. I know people who have phrased their iPhone and gave the older one to a family member for use as an iPod touch.

I expect apple to stop making the iPod touch form factor, and instead focus on making iPhones without the cellular radio as the gen5 iPod touch.