Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not quite like your little dot, but all of my digital point and shoot cameras exhibit some sun flare when pointed at the sun. I actually got a really nice sun flare effect a few weeks ago, when taking pics of wild flowers (my wife's idea). Sun flare is usually the result of light reflected of the lenses, and some people add filters to get that effect. Your dot is not sun flare in the sense that I'm familiar with, as that's usually larger and more diffused. How does the new iPod work?

MathBunny123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Not quite like your little dot, but all of my digital point and shoot cameras exhibit some sun flare when pointed at the sun. I actually got a really nice sun flare effect a few weeks ago, when taking pics of wild flowers (my wife's idea). Sun flare is usually the result of light reflected of the lenses, and some people add filters to get that effect. Your dot is not sun flare in the sense that I'm familiar with, as that's usually larger and more diffused. How does the new iPod work?

The new iPod is running just fine, I think it's because I dropped it and scratched the corners...probably.

----------

This is probably dust on the lens or dust in the lens assembly.

True!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.