iPod Touch 5th Generation or Nexus 7 (2013 Edition)?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheHernanFR, Oct 29, 2013.

1. TheHernanFR macrumors newbie

I'm having a tough situation on choosing which product I should get. Its either the iPod Touch 5th Generation, & the Nexus 7 2013 Edition. I have both ecosystems, iOS, & Android. The iPod Touch is great for portability, & the Nexus 7 is good for a to go device. Which one do you think is worth my bang for my buck?

2. elensil macrumors regular

it depends what is the main use case. I use N7 for video watching and occasional gaming during my commute time. Having used a larger screen device I wouldn't go back to a 4" screen of an iPod Touch.

N7 fits into the back pocket of my pants, its very portable.

P.S. I own a 2012 N7, and unable to comment on 2013 device. Performance on 2012 model is far from stellar, but thats well known.

3. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

What other devices do you have? Do you already have a tablet? How would either device fit into your existing set up.

4. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

I have both the N7 and the ipt5g. I love both devices, however, it's kinda like comparing apples to oranges (err... jellybeans). My ipt5g is my music player/portable gaming system whereas the N7 allows me to view movies on a larger screen, play HD games and even do productivity. Price-wise, the N7 is MUCH cheaper than an ipt5g, so that could be a determining factor. But, if you can afford both, I suggest doing so.

J

5. .Asa macrumors regular

I own both the iPod touch 5g and the 2013 Nexus 7, choosing between them definitely comes down to your purposes. My iPod touch is my go-to music device and pocket camera, while my Nexus 7 is my go-to device for just about everything else. Keep in mind that the iPod touch has 2011-era hardware and lags on intensive tasks, and iOS 7 certainly didn't help. The Nexus 7 on the other hand has flawlessly handled everything I can throw at it. If you're going to be gaming or doing productive stuff, go for the Nexus 7. If you want a great pocket sized media player, go for the iPod touch. In terms of bang for your buck, the Nexus 7 wins hands-down IMO. The iPod touch costs more and does less.

6. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

with ios 7, apple certainly kill one of their very useful device.

If it lacks on iphone 5, what do u think will happen to ipod touch.

I was about to purchase one mainly for game but once i install ios 7 on my iphone 4, i decided to go with 3ds.

7. DFZD macrumors regular

I use it on my iPod Touch 5, its solid. I have over 4 gigs of music, over 8 gb of games, like Fifa 13, Vice City etc. No lag at all. :)
    You just need to turn off Reduce Motion & Background App Refresh (Completely or Selectively)

8. vanzantapple macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

Personally, I'd go with the Nexus 5.

IF the iPod Touch had the same size screen as the Nexus 5, I'd choose Apple:apple: