iPod Touch 5th generation wishlist.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xXJulian8941Xx, Aug 15, 2011.

1. xXJulian8941Xx macrumors newbie

My first thread. Aight let me start

1. I would like the A5 processor to make an appearance in this little device
    2.Having it a bit thicker like the 3rd gen's.
    2.A GPS chip (most likely won't happen.)
    3. A bigger screen, there is a lot of space around where the screen is.
    4. A better camera, atleast 1mp & better still photography and camera flash.
    5. A 16gb base model. I honestly don't think 8gb is enough.
    6.Different colors, a blue iTouch would be awesome.
    7. Animated/interactive backgrounds (not necisarily a hardware change more like an IOS change
    8. Ability to work on my Xbox 360 (again not hardware probably iOS change)

That's about it.
    Oh by the way this message goes out to some people out there
    There won't a 128gb version if it, why would they make the memory change
    on the iTouch? It will most likely be for the iPad.
    There won't be 3g for it. If they do, it will close the gap between the iPhone and iPod Touch
    Apple make more money off an iPhone than an iPod Touch.
    That's about it I hope this will grant me a warm welcome to the forum.

2. Sam235 macrumors member

Sam235

Welcome to the forums :p!!, u have some good ideas there, in my opinion i think the itouch is great right now, but i think they should add a little ram, and i would love to see the A5 Processor aswell

3. Illumination macrumors regular

Welcome to MR! :)

Regarding your wishlist, I think that if Apple wants to kill the Classic, they'll have to have a 128GB model. Storage is so cheap now, why not? And I'm all for colored Touches - a dark blue or green would be cool.

I'm trying to decide whether to get the new Touch for Christmas or upgrade my iBook to Leopard :p I guess we'll see next month!

4. Des Zac macrumors regular

One thing I would like to see is built in mic and speaker, so I would be able to use voice apps on my ipod without having to use headphones.

I would love colors! I'd probably get Orange or Blue.

I definitely would like to see the base go from 8 to 16GB

I would like to have an attachable keyboard as an add-on, it would act as a screen protector when closed and a keyboard when open!

I'll add more as I think of it.

P.S. Megapixels only have to do with the size of the image, we need a better camera in general for picture quality.

5. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Am I the only one who would like to see a platter hard disk (like the "Classic" iPods) in the iPod touch? Yes it would be thick and heavy, comparatively, but having an iPod touch with 250GB+ of storage? Yes please. I mean, some people max out their classic iPods, and with a higher resolution display and tons of apps and games (plus cameras, I take up tons of space on my iPhone from pictures and videos I take). Obviously there will ALWAYS be a market for the thin, light and fast flash memory based iPods, but I personally would love an iOS device with that kind of storage. It would definitely feel noticeably slower, it would definitely be thicker and definitely be heavy, BUT, it would still be great. I mean the classic iPod is still a light and thin device, put a touch screen on top of that? I think it would be great.

Lots of disadvantages, and it would be just a niche market, but I still think having an iOS device in the line with uber storage would be fantastic. I know Apple wants to put it in the cloud, but their storage prices are still fairly high, and the free storage isn't enough to really make it worth it, besides, it's super impractical on the iPod since it's very limited as to where it has access to the internet!

6. Abbey111 macrumors newbie

7. Skwink macrumors member

I'd like one that can fly and make me food while telling jokes in German.

8. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Ofcourse it will have A5.I do hope for a bigger screen,more ram ,better camera, dont care much for différent Colors and a différent back please

9. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

I like your list but I would prefer the 3G over GPS, in a world...

10. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

11. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

FM Radio, GPS, better camera. Three things most needed.

12. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

You do realize that Xbox is manufactured by Microsoft, What makes you think that of all companies Apple will work with Microsoft and collaborate on a system where the touch works on the xbox.

You are asking for too much in the next gen, with rumors that itouch could be EOLed, even the slightest updates should be appreciated.