iPod Touch 6 built-in speakers-- how loud, how good?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Saturn007, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Saturn007 macrumors 6502

How's the built-in sound?

Can you put the IPT on your desk and listen to it while doing other things--cooking in kitchen, reading, etc.

How does it compare to prior iPod Touches or iPhones?

2. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Not as loud as the iPhone 6 I believe but as good as the iPod touch 5g. You can definitely use it with the speakers and hear it.

3. markovchain macrumors member

I really like to know. Can someone please share your experience?

I can barely hear from my iPod Touch 3g..

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The quality of the sound is fair (small speaker) but the sound volume is loud.

5. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

Got mine today, speaker volume seems to be a little quit compared to the ipt5.

6. Saturn007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Useful! I'm going to have to try it at Best Buy-- always hard to tell, though, with background noise. I did, with the IPT 5, though, bring my old iPhone 4 with me to compare.

The IP4 is quite rich and deep (well, for a little speaker) and trounced the IPT 5.

OTOH, I've come to realize that, unlike the iPads, I rarely listen to the IPT or iPhone straight up, so it may not matter at all!

7. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

There are some test comparing the ipt5 vs the ipot6 loudness and they say the ipod touch 6 is the loudest one. So i just gave my personal opinion.

8. Saturn007 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's interesting! Wonder if somehow there is variation within the IPTs... you found the 6 quieter; others find it the loudest.

I'll have to see what I discover compared to the iPhone 4 (unfair, I know, as the 4 is so much thicker and the speaker is probably that much bigger or deeper).

9. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

yeah but i'm wrong people here are using instruments to measure that:

Still the keyboard clicking sounds are definitely low on this new ipt 6 model so low that you can barely hear them, hope they fix that.

10. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

Not as good as the iPhone 6 but better than the iPT5 IMO.

11. Saturn007 thread starter macrumors 6502

"Still the keyboard clicking sounds are definitely low on this new ipt 6 model so low that you can barely hear them, hope they fix that."

Funny, how that's something I turn off immediately with all my tech gear-- Tivo, Roku, iPads, etc. Just can't stand the noise! OTOH, I know well that many like the feedback.

"yeah but i'm wrong"-- I disagree! I think you're right for the units you have/had and your experiences. We've had the exact same TV models with different sound output... so, there must be individual unit variations.

"Not as good as the iPhone 6 but better than the iPT5 IMO"

Thanks--a good data point. I really like the look of the iPhone 6--and the 6+. But beyond our means!