Ipod Touch 64 gig vs Classic

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mtskier, Sep 14, 2009.

1. mtskier macrumors newbie

So i currently have a 5g video, 30 gb. Its completely full, with nothing but music. I love music, probably add 5-10 albums a week to my library. My question is, are the extra features of the touch, such as wi-fi, apps etc, worth risking that i could very well fill it up in a year or so? or am i better off with the classic. Im completely torn between the space on the classic, vs the extra features on the touch, and looking for some other opinions.

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

The classic exists only to provide a huge hard drive. As soon as flash storage gets into the realm of HD storage, the classic will be gone. It has a smaller screen, no wi-fi, no apps, etc. If you absolutely need 120/160 or whatever GB of storage, get the classic. Otherwise, the touch is the superior product.

3. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

IMO the Classic's user interface for music is far superior to the touch. But the capabilities of the touch are amazing. If you have to choose one and you were mainly interested in playing music I would say go with the Classic. But overall you'll probably get much more use out of the touch even if you have to put up with an awkward music interface.

4. mtskier thread starter macrumors newbie

its not the interface that im concerned about. ive used other peoples touch's before, and i dont have a problem with that. im just concerned about filling up the other 30 gigs rather quickly, and not sure whether its worth the features now, if i may end up needing to upgrade again a year or year and a half down the line.

5. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

If you are willing to spend $399 on the 64gb touch then get the classic for $250 and the 8gb touch for $199. $50 more but you won't have to worry.

6. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

wth? Not worry about what? Not being able to say "i have a touch"?

Save yourself buttloads of cash, and buy the classic. Or better yet, a refurbed 120 GB classic. Just under double the space for likely ~$200.