iPod touch 64GB pre-installed with iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mattburles, Oct 6, 2011.

1. mattburles macrumors regular

If i go to the Apple Store on October 12 and purchase a iPod Touch 64GB black will it be possible for it to come with iOS 5 pre-installed?

2. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

I believe it will come pre installed with iOS 5... so don't worry :)

3. mattburles thread starter macrumors regular

i will call to make sure its worth driving 30 minutes and i get there and they have the iPod touches with the old software on them :cool:

4. jon1987 macrumors regular

Can you not update the software?

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

If the iPods are already in the store, they probably do not have IOS 5 installed. The stores are not going to rip open and update the iPod Touches.

It usually takes time to clear store inventory.

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It's a free update, so I see no reason to wait, especially with the 64GB. That's definitely the slowest selling of the three.

7. mattburles thread starter macrumors regular

so my best bet to get iOS 5 pre-installed is to order it online?

8. pkagel macrumors regular

Maybe, maybe not, but since you are going to have to spend an hour putting your music and apps on it anyway what does it matter if you spend a bit extra time putting IOS5 on it?? Just order the thing and enjoy it. It's really a nice little device that my girls use the heck out of for making calls, watching netflix and playing a million different games.

9. mattburles thread starter macrumors regular

wouldnt the device run better with iOS 5 pre-installed versus iOS 4 pre-installed? i noticed lag in iOS 4 on the iPod touch in the past.

10. Carouser macrumors 65816

What? No.

11. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Doesn't matter about preinstallations. The only thing I see is better is that you do not have to update it yourself. The lag is caused by hardware. Older iPod Touches do not necessarily have the best hardware to run the latest iOS. Therefore, the iPod Touch 4 in black and white are fine for iOS 5.

12. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

No one wants to spend the time to update to iOS5.

If you don't get iOS5 in yours, return it and get one with iOS5.

13. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

^ And with all the time wasted running back and forth between Apple trying to get an iPod with iOS 5 already installed, the OP could just download it and install it themselves.

Regardless of if it is running iOS 5 on a device that used to have iOS 4, or a brand new device running iOS 5 - it is still the EXACT same hardware running the EXACT same software. There won't be a difference. In these kind of updates all traces of the previous OS are wiped, so iOS 4's "lag" is of no importance when you're talking about iOS 5.