iPod Touch 6g March 2015?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nm9277, Nov 18, 2014.

1. nm9277 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have been waiting for iPod touch 6g for a while now and I was disappointed when it didnt come out.

I would like to hear your guys opinions and if you think it will come out or not.

Personally I think it will bcuz apple can't remove one of their best products even tho it didn't get as much sales as they thought they would get.

2. SusanK macrumors 68000

Pushing iPhone

I think the idea is to force us to buy iPhone. Won't work with me unless someone gets my AMEX card and forges a signature. I will get iPhone if the IRS mandates it ;)

3. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I think it will be this spring but it will be closer to June.

4. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

Rumor has it that it will come in the Spring time! April 2015???

5. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

It really makes sense for Apple to release an iPod touch when it releases the A8 iPad mini and the 13in A9 iPad Plus next spring. The iPod touch will quite obviously receive the A8 chip, because next spring, the A7 chip would be 1.5 years old, and the oldest processor Apple has released with a new device was 1 year old. And the A8 chip would be one gen behind the A9 gen.

Apple is reorganizing its release schedule to follow Tim Cook's wishes: spreading hardware releases out across each year for increased hype and better supply chain management for increased sales. And to focus on and release the highest profit and most popular hardware first (big and bigger iPhones and the large iPad), and focus on the lower profit and less popular devices after. This also artificially increases sales of those higher profit devices because those devices are outfitted with the latest and best tech upgrades first.

6. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I think October was the time for the iPod touch to be released and my opinion was that if it didn't get released then, it never would BUT I guess I could understand Apple waiting until releasing the iPod touch 6 when the iPod touch 5 can no longer update iOS (possibly by the end of this year???) but I think that's still very unlikely now.